Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 8,208 times

Advertisements

I have seen a lot of questions about gay service in Charlotte. IS Charlotte a gay friendly city? I am wondering about:

gay book stores
gay parades
any hate groups to worry about
gay restaurants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 01:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
There is plenty of info about gay-friendly establishments and events in Charlotte. Just google it.

I have never heard of a gay hate crime here, if that means anything.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:59 PM

716 posts, read 2,157,978 times
You may find this site helpful:

GayCharlotte.com - Welcome

Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumanC View Post
I have seen a lot of questions about gay service in Charlotte. IS Charlotte a gay friendly city? I am wondering about:

gay book stores
gay parades
gay restaurants

gay book stores: white rabbit off Central avenue

gay parade:
Charlotte doesnt have a parade but a festival at Gateway Village and it pretty big festival Pride Charlotte - pridecharlotte.com

gay hate groups:
Southern Baptists every year at Pride this texan leader of Operation Save America tries to protest the event but fail due Gateway Village is a private venue usually OSA they are shut down. They hang out across the street usually with a bull horn shouting nonsense at the Baptist Church across the street on Trade.

gay restaurants:
Charlotte isnt that big yet butLupie's Cafe

and Hartigans are gay owned Hartigans is part restaurant and part club on the weekends,and there is some more that are gay friendly like The Pewter Rose,
Interesting bar is
Dog Bar The also gay owned also try
Welcome to 300 East

Old 02-09-2009, 02:25 PM

143 posts, read 537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumanC View Post

gay book stores
gay parades
gay restaurants

Gay Book Store - White Rabbit in Plaza Midwood has some books but beware, it is MORE than a bookstore if you know what I mean
Gay Parades - None that I know of but there is a Pride Fest in the summer
Hate Groups - None that I know of
Gay Restaurants - Is there such a thing? Hartigans serves food during the day, it's kinda an Irish Pub but it caters to females

Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kja25 View Post
Gay Book Store - White Rabbit in Plaza Midwood has some books but beware, it is MORE than a bookstore if you know what I mean
Gay Parades - None that I know of but there is a Pride Fest in the summer
Hate Groups - None that I know of
Gay Restaurants - Is there such a thing? Hartigans serves food during the day, it's kinda an Irish Pub but it caters to females
Just wondering...would a "gay" restaurant be one owned by gays or one where particular food is served to gays??? I am not aware of gay people having different food preferances, but you never know!!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:54 PM

143 posts, read 537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just wondering...would a "gay" restaurant be one owned by gays or one where particular food is served to gays??? I am not aware of gay people having different food preferances, but you never know!!
The restaurant I mentioned doubles as a lesbian bar/club...they don't necessarily cater to different taste buds than straight folks, haha.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:51 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
.................................................. .....................
gay hate groups:
Southern Baptists every year at Pride this texan leader of Operation Save America tries to protest the event but fail due Gateway Village is a private venue usually OSA they are shut down. They hang out across the street usually with a bull horn shouting nonsense at the Baptist Church across the street on Trade.
The so-called Christian groups try that here when the Mormons have their semi-annual conferences. Makes me, non-Mormon, more inclined to not join them. An effective strategy is for the Mormons to have some loud-voiced men and women singing hymns across the street to drown out the haters.

[/quote] gay restaurants:
......................Interesting bar is
Welcome to 300 East[/quote]
Ohhh, I loved 300 East - excellent restaurent.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,312,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
gay restaurants:
Charlotte isnt that big yet butLupie's Cafe
Lupies has some of the best food in town period.
Been eating there since 1988.

Had to set the record straight that this is not just a 'gay' spot.
Us heterosexuals love it as well.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:06 PM

126 posts, read 579,435 times
The vibe is not as open as Atlanta, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte