Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:27 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,916,351 times

Advertisements

A great store (best-kept secret): Honeycutt Furniture in Kannapolis. In addition to what is on the floor, they will order anything from a variety of manufacturers. You can get Boyle's furniture (for example) ordered from the factory for a fraction of what you'd pay at the Boyles store and it does not take long at all to get your furniture! I had a leather sofa custom made (I picked the color, style) for $1500. It would have been double that elsewhere. Basically, you are getting the same Hickory furniture at Hickory prices without having to do the drive.

One piece of advice: there is a woman who works there, maybe in her 50s, and she is not at all helpful. The owners are awesome, though, and there is a younger blonde woman who is wonderfully helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,549,163 times
If you are making a trip up to the greensboro area (high point , thomasville) I highly suggest stop in at the Thomasville outlet store ask for Nola she is excellent in helping match room and fabric colors. If you do go up in the area here is a link of various furniture stores, phone numbers locations and brief description on what they carry. http://www.highpointfurniture.com/

Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,323,935 times
Default Boulevard Bazaar

In Charlotte, a friend told me her designer took her here - great deals on high end furniture (sort of an upscale Furniture Factory Outlet World)...

Boulevard Bazaar
http://www.boulevardbazaar.com/

Also, you might enjoy the shops at Cannon Village in Kannapolis:
http://www.cannonvillage.com/

Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM

286 posts, read 946,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
A great store (best-kept secret): Honeycutt Furniture in Kannapolis. In addition to what is on the floor, they will order anything from a variety of manufacturers. You can get Boyle's furniture (for example) ordered from the factory for a fraction of what you'd pay at the Boyles store and it does not take long at all to get your furniture! I had a leather sofa custom made (I picked the color, style) for $1500. It would have been double that elsewhere. Basically, you are getting the same Hickory furniture at Hickory prices without having to do the drive.

One piece of advice: there is a woman who works there, maybe in her 50s, and she is not at all helpful. The owners are awesome, though, and there is a younger blonde woman who is wonderfully helpful!
Do They deliver to huntersville?

Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray42 View Post
They sure do, they deliver all over the area.
The store does not look like much (it's in the old Lowes building on Cannon Blvd [I think that's the street name]) but it's unassuming nature is what keeps the prices low. I laugh when I go by that fancy Boyles store/mansion in the University area...I know their furniture is sky-high to pay for that place!

Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 PM

36,439 posts, read 16,043,304 times

Wow you live in North Carolina, home of furniture. I work in a furniture manufacturing factory as customer service manager. You have the world at your feet. Try Furnitureland South for great selection. It's around High Point. High Point is the home of the Furniture Market, the largest international furniture market in the world. What type of furniture are you looking for?

Old 04-04-2007, 05:50 PM

295 posts, read 1,298,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post

Wow you live in North Carolina, home of furniture. I work in a furniture manufacturing factory as customer service manager. You have the world at your feet. Try Furnitureland South for great selection. It's around High Point. High Point is the home of the Furniture Market, the largest international furniture market in the world. What type of furniture are you looking for?
Maybe not absolute top-of-the-line, but at least better than average quality with a classic design that will stand the test of time. (Below average prices would be nice, too.) Nothing too "classic" like Victorian-era style. No bright colors. I have a lot of hardwoods, granite, tile, bronze etc in the house and would like to stay with the high quality without being showy kind of stuff.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:21 AM

473 posts, read 1,579,498 times
Red face Huntersville

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray42 View Post
If you are going to live in Huntersville, there are a lot of furniture stores at exit 18 on the east side (opposite the mall). Boyles, Lazy Boy, Haverty's, etc.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
If you are going to live in Huntersville, there are a lot of furniture stores at exit 18 on the east side (opposite the mall). Boyles, Lazy Boy, Haverty's, etc.
Yes, but this store he was asking about has all of the above retailers' wholesale catalogs and factories available to them at like 20-30% less......
I bought both Boyles and La-Z-Boy furniture through Honeycutt at a TREMENDOUS discount, because they order factory direct and you don't have to pay that terrible overhead! Yay!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 AM

473 posts, read 1,579,498 times
Red face Direct Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Yes, but this store he was asking about has all of the above retailers' wholesale catalogs and factories available to them at like 20-30% less......
I bought both Boyles and La-Z-Boy furniture through Honeycutt at a TREMENDOUS discount, because they order factory direct and you don't have to pay that terrible overhead! Yay!
I typically do Direct Buy if not in a hurry but will keep Honeycutt in mind. Will they charge extra for delivery to Huntersville, it's a different county?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte