Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 06:43 AM

235 posts, read 730,209 times

Advertisements

Well I have to say I am loving this warm weather. I don't want to go home were 50 degrees is waiting for me and I hope mother nature does not have another snow storm in mind for NYC. So far we have found everyone to be so friendly..what a fresh breath of air to have people look you in the face not at the ground as they pass you. People say please and thank you and so far all the people in all the stores/restaurants have been very friendly.
My only complaint and it is minor is that there aren't big signs on the streets or lampposts..so a few times I had to turn around,,but hey I guess you learn as you live here. I am still sure I will get lost the entire first year. So if you see me crying please give me directions ...My realtor who is the sweetest person assures me I will find my way around...don't worry I have her number on speed dial to help me find my way home \

I think today we are going to check out some schools, I didn't make appts. so we will see what the say.

Still waiting on a mortgage company to see their say on a home. Waiting is the hardest.

Time to wake the lazy family, can't spend the day sleeping when there is a beautiful state to explore!!

Talia ...whose lovin it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 AM

117 posts, read 493,203 times
Quote:
My only complaint and it is minor is that there aren't big signs on the streets or lampposts..
I noticed that too when I visited last year....trust me, its a good thing.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwo418 View Post
Well I have to say I am loving this warm weather. I don't want to go home were 50 degrees is waiting for me and I hope mother nature does not have another snow storm in mind for NYC. So far we have found everyone to be so friendly..what a fresh breath of air to have people look you in the face not at the ground as they pass you. People say please and thank you and so far all the people in all the stores/restaurants have been very friendly.
My only complaint and it is minor is that there aren't big signs on the streets or lampposts..so a few times I had to turn around,,but hey I guess you learn as you live here. I am still sure I will get lost the entire first year. So if you see me crying please give me directions ...My realtor who is the sweetest person assures me I will find my way around...don't worry I have her number on speed dial to help me find my way home \

I think today we are going to check out some schools, I didn't make appts. so we will see what the say.

Still waiting on a mortgage company to see their say on a home. Waiting is the hardest.

Time to wake the lazy family, can't spend the day sleeping when there is a beautiful state to explore!!

Talia ...whose lovin it!!
Yay, you're here! Hope today is a great day for you and your family

Old 04-03-2007, 08:32 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,086,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwo418 View Post
Glad you're enjoying yourself! During our two visits before the move, it was terribly difficult to return to Jersey!

As for the comment on the sign, my grandmother pointed out to me that she liked the signs we saw in Charlotte. They were good sized and easy-to-read. I agreed with her. Now, my experience in Charlotte remains limited so I cannot say where we were when we took notice of this but all the signs had the royal crown emblem too. I thought it was distinctive.

Here's hoping you find what your heart desires in North Carolina!

And a safe return home.

Sincerely,

SL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte