Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:52 AM
flh

11 posts, read 29,240 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We have several nice areas that will appeal to you. Also, consider South Carolina. You'll have excellent commuting options to charlotte Uptown, through I-77, or I-485, 521, etc.
The Fort Mill public schools are top of the line, and many Charlotteans move south for that reason. Property taxes are also much lower. Let me know if you need more info.
Regards,
Frans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 02:04 PM

4 posts, read 10,187 times
Thanks Niknaxx. I was a little worried about finding a job. I thought that firms might be against hiring out of state applicants. I thought getting a headhunter would be the only way. I definitely didnt think I would have to change my career. Thats very daunting.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 PM

240 posts, read 1,034,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteBroker View Post
From Ballantyne approx. 35 minutes.
I live in Waxhaw (mailing address... but really just outside of Marvin). My wife works uptown for Wachovia, and we're actually considering moving because her commute is pretty bad. We can make it uptown in 30 minutes when there's no traffic, but she has a 45 minute trip, at best, in the morning, and about an hour trip coming home. The stretch of 485 between Ballantyne (Johnston Rd) and 77 can, and does, get very backed up. I can see getting to uptown in 35 minutes from Ballantyne though, even with some traffic.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 PM

22 posts, read 23,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
The reason is because Marvin does not have a post office. We use the Waxhaw post office.

It makes it hard for folks looking in areas though I know. Waxhaw land area is HUGE! I can go 20 miles and still be in Waxhaw from my house.

When you do a search for MLS take a look at the schools. If it says "Weddington" or "Marvin Ridge" then you are in the marvin area. If it says "Parkwood HS" that is in Waxhaw.

Dawn
I am not sure this statement is accurate. Lawson is in Waxhaw (Taxes are paid to Waxhaw) but they are zoned for Kensington, Marvin Ridge Middle & High

Old 04-12-2007, 03:07 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,507,709 times
Thanks. I remember now that there is a section of Waxhaw going to Marvin Ridge. Now it seems that I read that part of Kensington will go to Parkwood. Is that correct?

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizmont View Post
I am not sure this statement is accurate. Lawson is in Waxhaw (Taxes are paid to Waxhaw) but they are zoned for Kensington, Marvin Ridge Middle & High

Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,328,230 times
Default Marvin Ridge Cluster Attendance Map 2007-2008

Quote:
Thanks. I remember now that there is a section of Waxhaw going to Marvin Ridge. Now it seems that I read that part of Kensington will go to Parkwood. Is that correct?

Dawn
Maybe this map of the Marvin Ridge Cluster schools - 2007-2008 will help
http://fpc.ucps.k12.nc.us/documents/MarvinRidgeClusterElementarySchoolsAttendanceMap.p df (broken link)

Old 04-12-2007, 07:27 PM

Aww....our little sub-division isn't even mentioned......guess we don't rank!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Maybe this map of the Marvin Ridge Cluster schools - 2007-2008 will help
http://fpc.ucps.k12.nc.us/documents/MarvinRidgeClusterElementarySchoolsAttendanceMap.p df (broken link)

Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 AM

22 posts, read 23,463 times
Quote:

Dawn
I actually have not heard that and hope it's not true! There are plans to build new schools on Cuthbertson across from Lawson so eventually they will all go there!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 AM

What kind of work are you in? My husband had no problem finding a job in accounting.

dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by la2nc View Post
Thanks Niknaxx. I was a little worried about finding a job. I thought that firms might be against hiring out of state applicants. I thought getting a headhunter would be the only way. I definitely didnt think I would have to change my career. Thats very daunting.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:38 AM

Really? Wow.....this area is sure growing FAST! We have only been here 2 years and I can't believe the growth!

dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizmont View Post
I actually have not heard that and hope it's not true! There are plans to build new schools on Cuthbertson across from Lawson so eventually they will all go there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte