Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,761,829 times

Advertisements

People who voted for Raleigh Bev (in this area) have NO right to complain about how she's screwing Charlotte.

Anyone w/ 1/2 a brain saw this coming. But, she rode the coattails of Obama.....she's weak IMO.

The majority of Mecklenburg county voted for Bev.

If Pat was in there, at least he would've brought home the bacon to our area...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,513,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
People who voted for Raleigh Bev (in this area) have NO right to complain about how she's screwing Charlotte.

Anyone w/ 1/2 a brain saw this coming. But, she rode the coattails of Obama.....she's weak IMO.

The majority of Mecklenburg county voted for Bev.

If Pat was in there, at least he would've brought home the bacon to our area...
Or at least come up with a better explanation! She seems to be trying out excuses that wouldn't pass muster with a 3rd grade class that she should be teaching!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,644,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Or at least come up with a better explanation! She seems to be trying out excuses that wouldn't pass muster with a 3rd grade class that she should be teaching!
Well, she is about like all politicians. She said whatever she felt people wanted to hear - so they would vote for her. She got elected so - oh well! the plan has changed!

Kinda like the promises we all heard that we wouldn't be taxed unless we made over $250,000/yr. Then all this legislation comes rolling out that includes all sorts of taxes and fees.

I guess we are all victims of "politics as usual."

Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,010,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

I guess we are all victims of "politics as usual."
Ani I agree with you a good bit of the time but rather than being victims of "politics as usual" I would say some of us are victims of mis-informed voters. At the local level, every person in Charlotte should have voted for Pat. There really was no compelling reason to vote against one of our own other than a straight party ticket. These are tough times but not having someone to watch out for Charlotte will make things much more difficult not only for Charlotte but for the entire state of NC.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:11 PM

276 posts, read 477,798 times
What I don't understand is how they completely ignore the biggest road problem of all - the southern loop of 485. They won't even mention it. It's only two lanes, and half of south Charlotte and half of Union County travel on it every day.

I once recorded a 33-minute mile. 11-minute miles are standard.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 PM

59 posts, read 138,568 times
I am down with GOP right now.. Why promise it and not deliver ?

Old 07-18-2009, 08:14 AM

518 posts, read 2,064,406 times
Too many voters just pushed the "Democrat" button on election day. Now we're all paying for it.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,915,230 times
I personally like her more than Palosi. Bev would fit in perfectly in Washington?

Old 07-18-2009, 10:20 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,917,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Did anyone catch Raleigh Bev on WBT's Al and Stacy show this morning?

Basically, it was a disgrace IMO.

WBT cut her off twice. She was only on for a total of I believe 8 minutes. And to make matters worse, both hosts didn't follow up w/tough questions (what else is new).....what a joke this morning.

Back in Feb, everyone remembers that Bev promised to speed up the completion of 485. However, now she's saying to pay for it, you have to rob Peter and pay Paul w/a local project. (That local project is the work being done on independence.)

God forbid that she uses some of the stimulus money or divert some of the funds from here Eastern NC pet projects.....

Did anyone expect anything different? No free lunch.

I-485 faces further delay; it's Independence vs. outerbelt - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/835869.html - broken link)

You got what you voted for Charlotte.....
Yep, I said that after the election...anyone foolish enough to vote for Bev should be apologizing to the rest of us right about now. We knew what was coming, why couldn't some of you see it???

Old 07-19-2009, 10:04 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,955,250 times
It's just a shame that there doesn't seem to be a glut of Republican stars ready to step up to the plate. Look at the Presidential level. It's now Gingrich and Palin as the two most talked about "leaders"? Ugh!

Sorry to get that far off-topic, OP.

Anyway, I find it disheartening as well that Bev stepped up to the microphones to announce that she'd finish the road and now we seem to be further away from that point thanks to her financial mandate. Aarrgghh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte