Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
I'm often the last person to be a downer, but please be careful what you jump too.

A good buddie of mine and his girlfriend up in boone was cliff jumping. He made the jump as did a lot of other people, she missed it somehow , hit her bottom on the bottom and got broke up real bad.

Shes ok now, but , you know, get a local to show you if possible before you make a huge jump.
I agree. I know someone who jumped into a swimming pool and landed incorrectly and is now paralyzed from the waist down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 09:39 AM

6 posts, read 56,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Have a look at this map. This is the southern end of Mountain Island Lake. Zoom out to see where this is. It's hard to tell from that map, but there is a pretty good rise around this cove and there is a long rope swing on the east side of the cove. The swing is on the east peninsula where you see the trees making shadows on the water. Great place to swing way out over the lake and to go for a swim. Not sure how to get there by land as I have only been there by boat, but I've seen people come that way so it must not be that hard. This is very close to Charlotte.

Charlotte, nc - Google Maps
we went to this place yesterday and i guess a week or two ago some girl also missed landing in the water and tore her whole leg apart so they ripped down the tree and rope. seemed like a really cool place but i guess we were a couple weeks too late

Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,578 times
Or go to Uwharrie and once you're there , stop at Eldorado Outpost and grab an informative map for $1. Go to Deep Water Trail Camp on Falls Lake and walk uphill south. There is a cliff that has to be 100 feet at least. You can jump from this if you wish , but I don't know the depth of the water below. Also once you jump , it's pretty much a one way trip , unless you're willing to swim 200 feet to acceptable shoreline.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:15 PM

550 posts, read 1,355,845 times
Sliding rock is a pretty cool place from what my friends have told me. You can find youtube videos of it. I heard there is also some cliffs you can jump off of.

I have one friend that jumps off this one railroad bridge into some river in Rowan County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte