Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 AM

393 posts, read 1,188,353 times

Advertisements

Regardless of what side of the fence you sit on, its important for those who represent us to hear the voice of the people, good or bad.

I ask that everyone email the office of the elected official that represents you in Washington and ask that they hold a town hall meeting before the September vote on healthcare reform.

Again, this is not so people can attack elected officials or each other. It is so, us the voters, have our support or dissent heard by those elected to represent our voice. It is how democracy works.

North Carolina
Senator Kay Hagen: Contact Kay Hagan | Kay Hagan | U.S. Senator for North Carolina
Senator Richard Burr: Richard Burr, United States Senator of North Carolina: Contact Form
Rep. Sue Myrick: { U.S. Representative Sue Myrick } (http://myrick.house.gov/zipauth.shtml - broken link)
Rep. Mel Watt: Contact Information (http://watt.house.gov/contactinfo.asp - broken link)
Rep. Patrick McHenry: Congressman Patrick McHenry
Rep. Larry Kissell: https://forms.house.gov/kissell/contact-form.shtml

South Carolina
Senator Jim Demint: United States Senator - Jim DeMint (http://demint.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Home - broken link)
Senator Lindsey Graham: .: United States Senator Lindsey Graham, South Carolina :: Contact :.
Rep. John Spratt: Representative John Spratt, Proudly Serving the People of the 5th District of South Carolina (http://www.house.gov/spratt/email_john.shtml - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:13 AM

149 posts, read 410,433 times
Very good point, and I ask that if you do, be professional in your email. Long, drawn-out crazy emails get tossed.

I also think a follow-up mailed letter is also in order.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
Excellent post!

And I agree - it doesn't matter about your stance on the issue (wh/ could change, depending what you find out about the proposals - so good to be plugged in to the discussions!)

We need to let our Reps know if we have questions and concerns . . . as well as letting them know if we are pro or con - on many issues - not just healthcare!

Thank you for posting this great thread!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Great idea!! I was actually thinking of doing this, just had not taken the initiative to find out the e-mail address of my representative. (how's that for an apolitical Chicagoan??)

thanks again!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:11 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,318,524 times
I am not sure there is anyone in Washington that actually 'represents' us anymore, and I am not talking left vs right.
The entire system needs a reboot, re-elect nobody.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:19 AM

716 posts, read 1,545,370 times
I don't understand this healthcare reform business but if I can get free healthcare I am up for it. I like getting something for nothing.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,705,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
I don't understand this healthcare reform business but if I can get free healthcare I am up for it. I like getting something for nothing.
Yes, CC. I think we are all well aware of your freeloading tendencies.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,727 times
Quote:
Nothing from the gub'mint is ever free.

Gub'mint programs already costs some people their self-respect, dignity, and any sense of motivation.

Those programs cost the rest of us a heck of a lot of money.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:43 AM

172 posts, read 465,691 times
We have already done so!

Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,900,464 times
Quote:
Did ACORN pay you to vote? Free healthcare?? LOL. I am glad that people present views similar to yours. It makes it more reasonable to bring back the literacy test prior to voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte