Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 08:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Thought you might be interested in a heads-up:

From CMPD distributed email:

Beginning Wednesday evening of last week, the Ballantyne area has been targeted by a group of suspects who are breaking into cars and stealing valuables. The group targets grocery stores and restaurants along the Johnston Road corridor between the hours of 8:00 P.M. and midnight. Please be on the look out for the car and suspects that you can view in the attached photos. The photos are from a convenience store on the West side of town where one victim’s stolen credit card was used. The suspects may also be driving a older white mini-van with a blue stripe. Call 911 if you see these individuals or*the car*in the Johnston Road area.

Please remove all valuables form your car if you are going to the grocery store or eating out in the Johnston Road corridor.

For more information, please contact one of your Community Coordinators:

<mailtogrant@cmpd.org>pgrant@cmpd.org

<mailto:ccumberworth@cmpd.org>ccumberworth@cmpd.or g

Best regards,

Captain R. M. Golding

South Division Commander

The photos did not download to my computer so I can't post them. Tried to find a link from WCNC showing the photos . . . If anyone can provide a link, that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 AM

1,013 posts, read 2,985,462 times
We've had some car break-ins in our community in Waxhaw. They always flee towards Mineral Springs.

I'd like to see pics of car from Ballantyne.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
We've had some car break-ins in our community in Waxhaw. They always flee towards Mineral Springs.

I'd like to see pics of car from Ballantyne.
The news report I saw on TV also had pictures from vid cams of the perps. I have not yet found that online anywhere . . .

Old 08-12-2009, 05:42 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
Ani,

Is that a recent e-mail?

Jake

Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM

43 posts, read 90,219 times
Here's the story....

Car Break-Ins Spike At Night In Ballantyne - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte