Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 PM

457 posts, read 1,178,203 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much everybody! Now I have to do some reconaissance trying out all these places. That recipe with the panko sounds yummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 06:55 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,622,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
You've got to try McCoys at Old Pineville and Woodlawn....their mac and cheese is perhaps the best I have ever had. It taste like the real thing, and not something out of a box...that has been doctored up. While you are there, have a helping of their green beans (and fried squash)....they always taste like they have just been picked and prepared. If you go there on Tuesday, they have the Potroast Special...its something you won't soon forget.
Good Luck.....you won't be disappointed!!
We just came back from McKoy's. It was great!! My wife had fried chicken, they say it will take 20 minutes to make but it seemed to come out faster. She had the mac n cheese, it was the type that has the crusty, almost burnt cheese on the top.

If you can't deal with smoke, I would recommend waiting until after the ban takes effect. It was incredibly smoky in there.

HOME

Old 12-10-2009, 11:14 PM

403 posts, read 878,539 times
bs1..........Glad that you at least gave McCoys a try, and thank you for the video. Sorry about the smoke. Since our office usually orders our lunches from there, I was unaware of the smokey conditions...was it just perhaps the evening crowd? Really love their food, and can't wait until we have a chance to order again. I just crave their veggies....and usually that is I order. The helpings will surely fill you up!! The fried squash is like no other in town!!

Old 12-11-2009, 12:38 AM

604 posts, read 1,307,931 times
Mac's BBQ on South Blvd

Old 12-11-2009, 05:15 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
We just came back from McKoy's. It was great!! My wife had fried chicken, they say it will take 20 minutes to make but it seemed to come out faster. She had the mac n cheese, it was the type that has the crusty, almost burnt cheese on the top.

If you can't deal with smoke, I would recommend waiting until after the ban takes effect. It was incredibly smoky in there.

HOME
Yeah, used to goto McKoy's several times a week. I like the fried chicken & the wraps......Haven't been there in a couple months...McKoy's is like a toned down Iron Thunder if you know what I mean....

Old 12-11-2009, 07:05 AM
cfr

152 posts, read 373,980 times
Try big view diner @ ballantyne..they do everything else good!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:08 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,622,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Yeah, used to goto McKoy's several times a week. I like the fried chicken & the wraps......Haven't been there in a couple months...McKoy's is like a toned down Iron Thunder if you know what I mean....
I know exactly what you mean. We didn't know what IT is and wandered in there one day. My wife insisted that we leave almost immediately.

Another piece of advice is that the fried chicken breats are pretty big. If you are not too hungry it could easily be split between two people.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:45 AM

286 posts, read 1,045,833 times
I like the Mac and Cheese at Charlotte Cafe in Park Rd Shopping Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte