Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:11 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,331,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
you need some white lily flour...no eggs, and I think the directions are on the bag... I used to make them when i was about 16-20. Then came the kids... now if you want biscuits they are frozen and then put in the oven. I used to do all the cooking for my family when I was a teenager.... good stuff.
You are right about the frozen biscuits...toss a little flour on your face and serve those frozen Pillsbury biscuits...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 10:10 AM

192 posts, read 688,863 times
I go down to Bob Evans when I want biscuits. Bob's originated in Southern Ohio so that counts, right?

Old 05-05-2007, 12:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,670,701 times
If the northern lady that ask me for directions yesterday happens to hang out in these city data boards I do apologize I didnt know where Guaylad was located but thankfully my partner knew you was trying to say
Gilead (Gill e ad) Road) in Huntersville and pointed you in right direction.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:28 PM

225 posts, read 837,419 times
I love this post! Too funny.

Warden from b-more.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,799,476 times
Talking Still wondrin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
Anyone know how to pronounce Rutherfordton in western NC? There's only two syllables BTW.
OK, you have to forgive me, I am very UN (message board) savvy. I am not even sure that this will post in the correct place, but here goes... I happened across this site and saw the question on the correct pro-nounc-ation of Rutherfordton. I am getting ready to move there and know that I absolutely do not pronounce it correctly. I am sure that the locals immediately snub me. I have searched and searched, and although I have had many laughs over other incorrectly pronounce words, I have not found a response to "Rutherfordton". Can someone help?

Thanks. Love the site.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,654 times
Talking Pronouncing Rutherfordton

Actually, there are two "correct" WNC pronouncations

1) Ral Ford (you gotta let the syllables run together)
2) Ruff Ton

I was born and raised there. I rememer when I went off to college in KY I had a friend pass by the area. They said "I never did see where you were from. There was a Rutherfordton, but no Ruff Ton"

Old 06-18-2007, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,654 times
Default Ruff Ton

By far, Ruff Ton is the preferred way to say it. If you say Ral Ford .. you have to use it in context ... like "I am a fixing to go up to Ral Ford to get some me some livermush biscuits".

Yes, you do need to know what livermush is ... and grits, and fatback, and greasy greens. And, whatever you do ... remember proper barbecue is pit roasted and pulled, and dressed with a vinegar based sauce after cooked. I'd recommend Hickory Log Barbecue in Forest City .... the "red" slaw make some getting used to, but you'll fall in love with the hush puppied right off

Old 06-20-2007, 09:04 AM

192 posts, read 688,863 times
Yep, my Mom is from Ruff Ton.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 PM

36 posts, read 143,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warden View Post
I love this post! Too funny.

Warden from b-more.
I am actually very happy I found this, and I think you might appreciate this. I love how down here, the mountains are called the Apa-la-chins. Up in MD they are the Apa-lay-shins. And...I have no idea how to pronounce the county I live in...Cabbarus.? how do you say that?

Old 06-29-2007, 08:01 AM

210 posts, read 605,881 times
Wait! More on the biscuits. Please tell me there's somewhere in Charlotte to get a really good biscuit sandwich (with sausage, of course), something along the lines of Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen in Chapel Hill.

PS: Bojangles doesn't count -- will do in a pinch, but not what I'm talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte