Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:53 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,698,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Being from NJ originally, I used to wake up every morning to WCBS 88.0 "Traffic and Weather" together on the 8's...At times, like you guys indicated depending on atmospheric conditions I'll pick up 88.0 WCBS and 66.0 WFAN. The signal only lasts about 15 minutes, then it drifts away. I do livestream both stations. Kathy, that's amazing you picked up 1060 all the way in Arizona, must have been a clear winter night?
LOL, actually, it was, Ron.

All kinds of factor are involved with picking up the clear channels from other parts of the country. Normally those of us outside Charlotte shouls have better luck, but if we are near a power station, etc., that could turn the tables.

For instance, I haven't had time to check for TV tower locations for the Charlotte TV stations to find out what's going on, but normally the PBS station that I get best, since the change-over is 58 out of Ashville. Technically, this makes no sense since I'm 90+ miles from Ashville & 30 miles from Charlotte, but apparently there's enough wind, as a rule to blow Ashville's signal to me, even though the commercial stations'signals from Charlotte get to me just fine.

I haven't had time to track down the information & let my inner geek work it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:41 AM

146 posts, read 474,458 times
When I first moved to NJ from MI, I could hear the AM radio from MI in NJ. As others have posted, its all about the atmospheric conditions. 880 AM is the best for news and weather in NJ/NY. Craig Allen is a really reliable and accurate weather forecaster.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:56 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
I know I can get the Reds games on 1030am every night as well as the Bengal post-game shows (where they explain how the Bengals lost THIS time). As a Bengal and Red fan, I am thrilled.

I grew up listening to WFAN NY and loved it. Every now and then I can get it here as others have mentioned.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:24 PM

Location: From the Shanghai Metro Region in China to the New York TriState Region in USA.
12 posts, read 32,697 times
Sorry for late late post since I just joined, but it is on topic. I am a New Yorker by the way. So here it goes:

I am getting WCBS-880 here in Raleigh-Durham, and after three full days from escaping the hustle and bustle of the City of New York, I am getting this station here in a sunny and warm Research Triangle, NC. I have to say, it blew my expectations. I previously felt that Bloomberg 1130 is the best AM station because I got it all the way through the Thruway (of New York State), now I found out that I can get WCBS-880 through-out the East Coast of USA, and Canada, it is wonderful!

Actually as a correction of info, this station most likely increases power for it's market East of the Mississippi at night, you can even get it in fun-filled Florida according to this site: WCBS AM 880 - radio station in New York City, New York USA with local news and community events

Glad to be part of this wonderful and very informative site as a throw-in, because I got tons of help from you users (when I wasn't a member), again a warm Thank You for ya'all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte