Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:39 PM

316 posts, read 396,084 times

Advertisements

Go to www.carolinahome.com - clck on rental properties - Go to section 1 (huntersville elementary) and try to find a house - you can find a house around the same amount as an apartment and you save money on storage. Most say year lease - but they are very flexible with that once you call the realtor. You will love Monteith Park! We live in Huntersville and love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 12:40 AM

473 posts, read 1,580,025 times
Red face Rosedale's Elementary School is Torrence Creek...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaYaChick View Post
We just put our name on the waiting list for the next phase of Monteith Park. We absolutely loved the front porches and all the amenities of the neighborhood and it really sold us on the Huntersville area.We don't know too much about the area and were looking at apartments that would be a close commute to Huntersville Elementary. The sales agent at Monteith Park, Karen, who was very nice and helpful said we may want to check Rosedale or Birkdale. We want a 3 br and need to be in a good area. Any recommendations? Also, any recommendations on boat storage?
Rosedale's is assigned to Torrence Creek. Also, I know kids that go to TC from all over Huntersville, especially Birkdale and have heard kids coming from the Hamptons to go to TC. I think you should look into the school assignments again to ensure that you get your child in the right neighborhood for Huntersville Elementary. I don't know if renting in either of those locations will do it. It seems like someone told me there was a lottery system here? But if you live in those areas, will your kids still get into HE?

I'm also curious, when is that phase of MP going to be built? How long are you going to have to live in an apartment before you can move into the house? Why don't you look into a resale in MP or another neighborhood that would have that school assignment? It just seems like there would be another way to ensure you are in that school assignment.

I do live here and I apologize because I don't know a lot about the schools. I don't have kids in them but something just doesn't seem right to me. I've just heard stories about builder's agents leading people down wrong paths to sell homes and I would hate that happen to anyone that doesn't know the area, not that's the case here. Do you have a buyer's agent that told you to look in these neighborhoods? Is there a reason your child is guaranteed to go to HE when living in another neighborhood assigned to another school? This will be an education for me...

Old 04-29-2007, 03:09 PM

23 posts, read 68,173 times
Default Monteith Park

Congrats on great choice. We are building a home there now as well. As of Friday, we are CONDO dwellers until house is finished Oct. '07. For boat storage I recommend Kings Point Marina. It's very convenient; has many amenities; and not a terrible price. I 've had a boat there 10 years.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:46 PM

4 posts, read 13,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaYaChick View Post
We just put our name on the waiting list for the next phase of Monteith Park. We absolutely loved the front porches and all the amenities of the neighborhood and it really sold us on the Huntersville area.We don't know too much about the area and were looking at apartments that would be a close commute to Huntersville Elementary. The sales agent at Monteith Park, Karen, who was very nice and helpful said we may want to check Rosedale or Birkdale. We want a 3 br and need to be in a good area. Any recommendations? Also, any recommendations on boat storage?
I would be very careful of SaussyBurbank, I heard they were bought by another company, do your research before you sign.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:31 PM

474 posts, read 1,750,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHYC View Post
I would be very careful of SaussyBurbank, I heard they were bought by another company, do your research before you sign.
They were bought years ago by St. Joe Arvida. No builder is perfect, but they continue to be one of the more reputable builders in the area. Care to give any specifics on what to watch out for?

Old 04-30-2007, 06:19 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,772,917 times
Saussy Burbank has one of the best reputations all throughout the industry. From customers to agents. I personally know several agents themselves that have bought Saussy Homes.

They were bought out a long time ago.

Know your facts.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 PM

549 posts, read 2,386,362 times
Lightbulb SB will be a local builder once again! :)

Actually St. Joe the parent company of "Saussy Burbank" put it on the market. Charles Teal and one of the founders, Jim Burbank are purchasing the company for about 78 million.
http://www.charlotte.com/296/story/105315.html (broken link)

Sometimes when a local company is bought out by a conglomerate or big company it can loose the characteristics that made then so appealing in the first place due to the new owner's wish to keep cost down. Even after the aquisistion from St Joe, SB still maintained the reputation and excellence that Jim Burbank and Downie Saussy strived for in the 1990's. You drive past their completed communites and the prices of those homes have appreciated nicely and most importantly they have matured nicely due to the company's diligent planning. It will be interesting to watch how the company evolves once again

Old 05-19-2007, 11:17 AM

34 posts, read 124,731 times
I think it is a good thing. From what I understand St. Joe got out of the homebuilding business in Florida to concentrate on their resort developements so it made a lot of sense to sell.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:41 PM

23 posts, read 68,173 times
I think they are now selling lots in the new section of MP. My home is under construction on Barnsbury in MP. I am so excited!

Old 06-03-2007, 02:22 PM

34 posts, read 124,731 times
They are not quite ready to start selling the new phase. Karen the agent said sometime this summer. What house are you building Deb?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte