Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:41 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times

Advertisements

You'd be surprised how much can leak from a tiny pinhole over a period of a few days.

That's a great outcome John. I have to wonder though about what could possibly have been the City's fault that still passed through the meter. Once the water touches the impeller that spins and counts the gallons, it's yours. Very strange situation. Certainly not the norm...so don't get false hopes, those that may be reading this with a similar situation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 12:13 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
^^^^Thanks Steve. Don't know the answer but of word of advise for those attempting a meeting like I did.

I went there without an attitude. I showed my ID and brought my property manager with me, along with the charges for fixing"my leak" My manager explained that they were on vacation and fixed the leak the day they got back. I explained that I was only asking if a reduction was possible (in spite of the fact they said I could have a payout.)
Then when he looked he asked if I was told that there was a leak existing that was (closed) the same day on the city's tab. I said no, I wasn't told. He said I'd like to look into this. Next day the bill goes out the window.

Strange indeed. I would also say, to others, don't get your hopes up, he might have done this on "my good looks".
Yeah Right,
je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte