Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 06:12 PM

55 posts, read 175,605 times

Advertisements

President Obama is speaking to kids nationwide on 9/8.

Does anyone know if Union County will be participating?

Does anyone plan to keep their kids home?

also why was the other topic on this subject closed?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:16 PM

Default WH deletes line about schoolkids helping Obama from speech prep materials

This is part of the controversy surrounding Obama's planned 9/8 speach to schools nationwide.

WH deletes line about schoolkids helping Obama from speech prep materials
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/0...rep-materials/

Last edited by prodogs; 09-03-2009 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: corrected URL

Old 09-03-2009, 06:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,060 times
For the record and clarification for those who said questioning our current President in the other thread was 'racism', what would you term the many (MANY) times I complained and questioned the Presidential actions & decisions here and on other forums online over the past 15+ years (covering both parties)?

As you may, or may not know, those Presidents were all white guys.
Pick one:

A: 'anti-white'
B: 'anti-WASP'
C: 'anti-men'
D: 'questionable motives'
E: 'can't trust anyone from Texas'
F: 'I can't find Arkansas on a map, how can I trust this guy?'
G: 'bad decision for the Republic'

Yet our new POTUS cannot be questioned without the Race Card being played, I just don't get it...
I thought we were over this.

Last edited by mullman; 09-03-2009 at 06:48 PM..

Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,069 times
Mulman,

My post may be deleted, but I will try to explain.

I don't think people resort to using that term JUST for disagreeing with the pres. Lots of people disagree with him and prejudice has nothing to do with it. But there appears to be a certain segment of the pop that is almost insanely anti-Obama. They seem to go far beyond the lib vs conservative, demo vs republican, right vs left ideology. It really does seem so crazy, so far beyonf the norm, so far beyond rational thought that it makes one wonder.... for what reason is this person being sooooooo irrational. And sometimes when you can't find any other explaination.... you wonder if that plays into the equation.

This is just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth. But some people seem SOOOOOOO irrational that you realy just wonder.... I'm not so sure that I would have labeled anything in the last post that way, but I'm trying to represent to my best ability why people bring this up with our current president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
For the record and clarification for those who said questioning our current President in the other thread was 'racism', what would you term the many (MANY) times I complained and questioned the Presidential actions & decisions here and on other forums online over the past 15+ years (covering both parties)?

As you may, or may not know, those Presidents were all white guys.
Pick one:

A: 'anti-white'
B: 'anti-WASP'
C: 'anti-men'
D: 'questionable motives'
E: 'can't trust anyone from Texas'

Yet our new POTUS cannot be questioned without the Race Card being played, I just don't get it...
I thought we were over this.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:52 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
Well, I don't have kids in the school system, but, I would definitely send them to school to hear the president's speech. why??

no matter what you (as an adult believe)...

HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF OUR COUNTRY for goodness sakes!!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:00 PM

There are several issues of concern

#1 It appears that Obama is surrounding himself with radicals, one being Van Jones a self described communist who believes government is posioning minorities
#2 Text of speech has not be made available to the public
#3 Lesson Plans from the Department of Education ecouraged children to “Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president. “ interpreted to mean help the President accomplish his political goals (HC etc)
this has now been changed to “Write letters to themselves about how they can achieve their short‐term and long‐term education goals.”

Old 09-03-2009, 07:02 PM

Default why was other thread closed

by the way - still no answer as to why the other thread was closed. I hope it was not someone trying to surpress free speech - just sayin

Old 09-03-2009, 07:04 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,069 times
The other thread was closed because the moderator asked folks to stay on topic and it must have appeared to them, that they did not stay on the topic. Read their posts and it should be clear

Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogs View Post
by the way - still no answer as to why the other thread was closed. I hope it was not someone trying to surpress free speech - just sayin
Thread went OT a zillion times and was getting flame-ish. If I was a Mod I woulda closed it too. Sunny "don't play"!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:06 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,060 times
Once threads get in the gutter of name-calling there is no use continuing, that is why SK closed it.

'You're this'
'Well, you're that'

No logical argument can come from such, and besides, we drifted OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: