Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 06:54 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,964,089 times

Advertisements

I found a tiny little kitten at a rest stop on my way home from a trip to Raleigh this weekend. The poor thing can't be more than eight weeks old and looks to be a long-haired persian. It's eating solid food, and it doesn't like to think so, but it's definitely fragile.

I'm trying to find it a *good* home. I posted an ad on craigslist, but the only person who responded didn't want to know anything about its shots, history, etc..and couldn't promise it would be an indoor cat. Maybe I'm being a bit too picky, but I want someone who will take good care of the animal...not just grab it because it's cute and then ditch it when its not. Based on the temperment now, she's definitely going to be a handful (in a good way!).

I could keep it if I absolutely couldn't find it a home, but I think it'd be more fair to her to get her into a good home where she can get the proper attention. Plus she can't weigh more than a pound and likes to chew on my husky mix...not a good combination if she decides to bite too hard.

Anyone know any resources, or have any suggestions on finding a home? I will not drop her off at a kill shelter or give her to anyone who intends on breeding..so neither of those is an option.

(darn me for being so worried.. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 07:33 PM

386 posts, read 1,364,211 times
Definitely check on any prospective adopter (some use adopted animals for animal fighting). Ask to speak to their vet to verify they take care of their current animals if you find out they have another pet, or have had one.

I used to volunteer at the Catawba Humane Society which is a no kill shelter and I am hoping the one in Charlotte is the same. There is probably a waiting list and a donation required, but that could be one avenue. I wish I could help you out but we have 3 animals now. Also check for cat rescue facilities on the web.

Good luck and thank you for taking care of her.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwlakewylie View Post
Definitely check on any prospective adopter (some use adopted animals for animal fighting). Ask to speak to their vet to verify they take care of their current animals if you find out they have another pet, or have had one.

I used to volunteer at the Catawba Humane Society which is a no kill shelter and I am hoping the one in Charlotte is the same. There is probably a waiting list and a donation required, but that could be one avenue. I wish I could help you out but we have 3 animals now. Also check for cat rescue facilities on the web.

Good luck and thank you for taking care of her.
Just found out a woman my husband works with works at the Humane Society, and they'll take her in first thing tomorrow. It's a no kill, and she assures me that they are very picky about who adopts and fosters. Whew. Thanks for the advice!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
spiderbear, thanks for caring so much about such a defenseless little creature, you are awesome

Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 AM

386 posts, read 1,364,211 times
Yaaa, great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Just found out a woman my husband works with works at the Humane Society, and they'll take her in first thing tomorrow. It's a no kill, and she assures me that they are very picky about who adopts and fosters. Whew. Thanks for the advice!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:51 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Thanks Spider for being a good human being..

Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 AM

143 posts, read 537,749 times
I agree...thank you for being considerate and thoughtful! This post made me smile. It's nice to know that there are other people out there that care!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:39 AM

Aw you guys are so sweet. It's what I would hope anyone would do in that situation.

Now comes the hard part...giving her up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte