Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 05:22 PM

533 posts, read 1,835,146 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend is considering buying a home in Stowe Creek which is located near some industrial parks in the Steele Creek area. Does anyone who currently lives in this community or nearby have anything to say about industrial noise? Is this an issue?

He spoke to someone that lived there once who said there was noise from the industrial parks (specifically from train cars hitting each other in the early mornings). I spoke to someone who lived right near there and who's mother currently still lives near there and she said they never heard noise from the plants, just airplane noise. Not sure what the real deal is.

Anything else to add about this community?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 06:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey3eb View Post
My boyfriend is considering buying a home in Stowe Creek which is located near some industrial parks in the Steele Creek area. Does anyone who currently lives in this community or nearby have anything to say about industrial noise? Is this an issue?

He spoke to someone that lived there once who said there was noise from the industrial parks (specifically from train cars hitting each other in the early mornings). I spoke to someone who lived right near there and who's mother currently still lives near there and she said they never heard noise from the plants, just airplane noise. Not sure what the real deal is.

Anything else to add about this community?

Thanks in advance!
Train cars bumping each other as they connect on a track is hardly "industrial noise", lol! That area is pretty peaceful, haven't lived that way in about 8 years but I don't remember there being much noise from companies along Westinghouse. Planes flying overhead - THAT you will hear, but again, it never bothered me at all.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:17 PM

Thanks. Anyone else?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,206 times
I live in Stowe Creek and unless you are buying a house in the very front of the development, like the cul-de-sac on Chapeclane, there are too many trees and hills blocking the nearest rail road tracks over at Siemens.
Sadly we do live under the flight paths for the airport but I only really notice that around sun set or very cloudy nights when they are flying low.

If you have any other questions about the community feel free to email the HOA at [EMAIL="HELP@StoweCreekHOA.com"]HELP@StoweCreekHOA.com[/EMAIL]

-- Mike

Old 10-28-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHeHeGS View Post
I live in Stowe Creek and unless you are buying a house in the very front of the development, like the cul-de-sac on Chapeclane, there are too many trees and hills blocking the nearest rail road tracks over at Siemens.
Sadly we do live under the flight paths for the airport but I only really notice that around sun set or very cloudy nights when they are flying low.

If you have any other questions about the community feel free to email the HOA at HELP@StoweCreekHOA.com

-- Mike
I asked this question over a year ago...we already bought our house in Indian Land, SC and absolutely love it on this side of Charlotte! We live right off 521 and just across the border...still so close to everything I love about S. Charlotte but with a much more affordable price tag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte