Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 02:30 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,609,285 times

Advertisements

I liked Beef N Bottle. Ranch House looked pretty ratty to me from the outside, plus I make it a habit to try to avoid stopping in any area near an airport. Most crashes take place during takeoff or landing (I've heard) which is probably unfounded paranoia but I follow the rule nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 03:48 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,019,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I liked Beef N Bottle. Ranch House looked pretty ratty to me from the outside, plus I make it a habit to try to avoid stopping in any area near an airport. Most crashes take place during takeoff or landing (I've heard) which is probably unfounded paranoia but I follow the rule nonetheless.
Beef and Bottle is one of the last old school spots left in Charlotte. I've been impressed, and have even had a celebrity sighting there.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,367,981 times
I love, love Beef N Bottle for special occasions (especially Fathers Day) and would be so sad if they closed their doors. just curious, who did you see?

Old 08-17-2012, 01:35 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,019,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
I love, love Beef N Bottle for special occasions (especially Fathers Day) and would be so sad if they closed their doors. just curious, who did you see?
Zach Galifianakis (of The Hangover fame). According to the wait staff, he's a regular (he doesn't respond well to autograph requests). As I understand it, he owns some land in the NC foothills where he grew up and splits his time between there and LA or NY.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,367,981 times
Zach is from Wilkesboro.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 AM

495 posts, read 1,077,634 times
I wish we have a place where one could get a classic prime rib with all the trimmings. What I'd give to have an Angus Barn (Raleigh) here.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,228 times
Quote:
I have a book about airplane crashes that agrees completely with what you say. I quote:

"Nearly all aircraft crashes are due to lack of altitude."

See, you are right.

As the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy put it in book III, "The trick to flying is to aim at the ground and miss.".

Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
Quote:
Silly & Ridiculous

Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheronNC View Post
I wish we have a place where one could get a classic prime rib with all the trimmings. What I'd give to have an Angus Barn (Raleigh) here.
The Hereford Barn in Charlotte was a sister restaurant to the Angus Barn in Raleigh. But I guess it is now closed.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 852 times
Wow! Some great comments and misinformation on this one for sure. The Ranch House was a Charlotte icon that was established in 1951. It was a one owner restaurant that hung in there for 60 years. Mrs. Beaty (RIP 2014) fell ill with Alzheimer's some years back and the Ranch House was run by her "boyfriend". It was at this point, that the quality, cleanliness and lack of maintenance started to happen. He pretty much ran it into the ground. The employees were not respected as well as the building and the ability to provide the excellent quality of food that made the Ranch House so loved. What an unfortunate set of circumstances for a well known establishment. When employees and management are not taken care of as Mrs. Beaty did for so many years, moral took a nose dive. When I say this man ran it into the ground, I am talking literally. Without proper maintenance the building became dilapidated and corners were cut in the purchasing area. It was a constant battle between the management and the fella that had the control. He made the decision on his own to destroy and ultimately close the Ranch House. What a sad sad day for folks all over. After Mrs. Beaty passed away, the Ranch House name and all of the original recipes were procured by one of the managers and her boyfriend and one of Mrs. Beaty's family members. The legal rights to each of the sauces are now in good hands with folks that know how Mrs. Beaty ran things. We are now making the Ranch House Cocktail Sauce, Blue Cheese, Ranch French, 1000 Island Tartar, Horsey and a new item , Horseradish Cranberry Sauce. Each item is made in small, handmade batches with extreme care and detail. Just like Mrs. Beaty did it. Rest assured, that we will be back and better than ever. Mrs. Beaty will look down and be proud. Keep your eyes and ears open as we will be making exciting announcements on The Ranch House of Charlotte's Facebook page. Good things do come to those with patience....
Aaron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte