Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 03:03 PM

4 posts, read 15,692 times

Advertisements

I am currently a student at University of Kentucky who will be graduating this December. A few friends and I have been looking into moving down to Charlotte. With my two friends graduating with a Finance degrees and I with a Economics degree, I feel like Charlotte can be a perfect fit. I wanted to research and find the best places to live for young professionals. This is broad but consider; Housing/Apt's, Nightlife, Safety and Cleanliness. Thanks for the help.

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 05:47 PM

69 posts, read 263,159 times
First off...congrats on graduating! It is so exciting to be done with school and ready to move on to the next adventure in your life.

I moved to Charlotte 3 years ago with my two best friends and had never been here and didnt have a job. I did save a good amount of money before I moved down here but I had a job within 2 weeks. I think that Charlotte is a great place to be after graduating. I wish someone would have given me better advice when I moved here though. We ended up living in Ballantyne which isnt a bad area its just not the most ideal location in Charlotte if your looking to be close to the nightlife.

I would say to live as close to Uptown as possible. I used to live in Dilworth and LOVED it. There are a few apartment communities that are known for being hot spots for recently college graduates. IF your looking to meet people your age, I would say these communities would be your best bet.

Safety. Well I dont think that there is any place in Charlotte where you would be 100% safe unless your living in a bubble. If you want a good idea of the area, go on charmeck.org. It will give you statistics of what crime has happened in and around that are.

Last edited by Pinkydinkydoo; 10-18-2009 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: I wasnt finished posting

Old 10-19-2009, 06:18 AM

210 posts, read 604,502 times
Default Places to live

Uptown, Dilworth, Plaza Midwood, NoDa depending on what kind of housing you need and where you're comfortable in balancing rent vs. safety. Uptown (4th Ward) might be your best bet.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,285 times
And of course, any college grad should be smart/savvy enough to use the forum search...

Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,715,154 times
Uptown, Dilworth, Plaza Midwood, NoDa and Southend.

In general, uptown and areas directly to the south and south east of Charlotte are fine.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Uptown, South End, NoDa and Plaza Midwood near Central Ave would be my suggestions.

EDIT -- Darn you, Frank!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 PM

Thanks for all the help thus far. I was pointed in the direction of Birkdale by a friend. Any thoughts?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:30 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats1234 View Post
This is broad but consider; Housing/Apt's, Nightlife, Safety and Cleanliness. Thanks for the help.
What about jobs? Do you already have jobs lined up?

I suggest you read through threads like these before you get too carried away:
//www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/462615-anyone-thinking-about-moving-here.html

Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM

Not as of yet I don't. I have just started the process of searching for companies I may be interested in. I have a few contacts as well. Unfortunately the website posted above did not work but I would be extremely grateful with any other words of wisdom. Thanks again.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:16 PM

99 posts, read 293,025 times
You are young dude. If you want to move to Charlotte then do it. Just make sure you visit a couple of times first and get a feel of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: