Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:38 PM

12 posts, read 75,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
There are many other builders at that price point in that area (7/2). If you are concerned about KB, maybe check out some of the other builders as well. Best of luck to you and Moderator cut: realtor solicitation

Actually this is the only builder in the area that falls in my budget... under 170. I tried craft homes the only other one under 170 but I had to withdraw my offer because they mislead me. So that left me with KB. My realtor is only finding new homes starting at 170k in area 7/2. I know, I know I should probably just buy a used home then. But I wanted to check with anyone first before i missed the opportunity to build another new home. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by alexishw; 05-12-2007 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 08:57 PM

113 posts, read 457,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexishw View Post
Actually this is the only builder in the area that falls in my budget... under 170. I tried craft homes the only other one under 170 but I had to withdraw my offer because they mislead me. So that left me with KB. My realtor is only finding new homes starting at 170k in area 7/2. I know, I know I should probably just buy a used home then. But I wanted to check with anyone first before i missed the opportunity to build another new home. Thanks for the help!

I wish some one corrected me years ago when I thought 'used home' about anything that wasn't new.
How about 'well-cared-for-and improved-home. How about 'established community' . Oh I guess I got lucky. You can't get as lucky as I am living close to the airport.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wades View Post

I wish some one corrected me years ago when I thought 'used home' about anything that wasn't new.
How about 'well-cared-for-and improved-home. How about 'established community' . Oh I guess I got lucky. You can't get as lucky as I am living close to the airport.
we have built quiet a few times and honestly we decided to buy a resale..its 5.5 yrs old its established and beautiful and It had everything inside upgrades that we wanted and had never had...Im going to make it my own and make it look new

Old 05-13-2007, 09:02 AM

Well you 2 are right about the "cared-for-home" thing. I am selling my condo in ballantyne right now and it is very cared for and loved!!! It's just trying to convince my husband who has never bought a home, and he wants everything brand spanking new. I grew up in philly where all the homes are way old!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:20 AM

102 posts, read 313,159 times
Quote:
Has anyone had any problems with the KB home Hamilton Lakes sub division? I am thinking of buying there. I haven't heard anything bad about Hamilton Lakes... but I hear bad stories about other KB communities across the nation. I guess it depends on which community you buy in right?

Very good question anyone have an answer as I too am looking in this subdivision within the next few months and thought the houses looked nice and not too cookie cutter like.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 AM

28 posts, read 89,048 times
Quote:
Has anyone had any problems with the KB home Hamilton Lakes sub division? I am thinking of buying there. I haven't heard anything bad about Hamilton Lakes... but I hear bad stories about other KB communities across the nation. I guess it depends on which community you buy in right?
I just signed a contract to build in Hamilton Lakes two days ago. I've driven through the neighborhood many times at all different times of the day and am extremely please with what I saw compared to other neighborhoods in the same price range. Also, I've actually spoke to a few people in the neighborhood and heard nothing but positive comments about their homes/building process/neighbors.

I was also concerned with some horror stories you can find out there about KB communities. In my opinion, you'll hear bad stories about all builders especially when you're the size that KB is. As long as you stay on top of them during the building process and hire your own inspector you'll be fine.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 AM

83 posts, read 399,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloClevelandCharlotte View Post
As long as you stay on top of them during the building process and hire your own inspector you'll be fine.
PERFECT advice!

We're building new, too, and that's exactly what we've done. So far, so good for us.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback/advice for Hamilton Lakes everyone. Looks like I'll be building there!!! See ya around.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:24 PM

295 posts, read 1,061,679 times
Default English trails

I bought a home in English Trails Fort Mill (any info). Also, does anyone know what upgrades or options are necessary and what options are not. I want to use as much of the 50% of kitchen as possible. I heard that they are now giving 50% off floors and extending the kitchen offer.

mags

Old 05-14-2007, 07:29 PM

295 posts, read 1,061,679 times
Hamiton Lakes has better homes than English Trails but, they have worst schools and taxes. Also, John Weiland homes is building a Baxter or Birkdale like village around the corner of English Trails.

WHat do you think.????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte