Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:23 PM

3 posts, read 11,796 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Huntersville area (husband working in Mooresville) and have no clue where a good community is for family. I have 3 children, ages 3-10, so looking for a family oriented community with full amenities.

I was looking in the Huntersville surrounding area. Any input? We need a good, safe school system. Anyone know of Skybrook community? Or any other nice community around Huntersville? LOL, hopefully something around exit 23 (hwy 77). Have a cousin who just moved there

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 05:31 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,348 times
Just got back from the Christmas tree lighting party at Birkdale Village. The streets were lined with kids - average age about 3 - for the Santa parade. It's like Disneyland. But that's exit 25. Skybrook is very nice, but around exit 23 I am partial to Wynfield because it is a little older and established so when you drive through the neighborhood the trees are bigger.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 AM

415 posts, read 1,150,490 times
Vermillion is a great neighborhood that is only about a mile from Exit 23. Walkable to downtown Huntersville. Lots of different types of homes with a wide price range.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:20 AM

115 posts, read 562,777 times
Gilead Ridge is right off exit 23. Close to everything. Kid friendly too.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,549,424 times
Curious why you will be living in Huntersville if your husband will be working in Mooresville?

Old 11-15-2009, 05:38 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
Curious why you will be living in Huntersville if your husband will be working in Mooresville?
Easy answer: They've seen Mooresville.

I work in Mooresville and live in Huntersville.

After getting to know Mooresville much better, I'd never consider moving there for many, many reasons.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 PM

5 posts, read 14,298 times
Take a look at Village of Rosedale Subdivision on Ranson Rd exit #23, we've a Torrence Creek Elementary attached to this subdivison.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

3 posts, read 11,796 times
THanks so much! It really is helpful. I want to be closer to Charlotee, and really like the feel of Birkdale Village. I googled Skybrook but could not tell how far it is from MaCauley. I will certainly start searching in those communties you all mentioned. We have a price range $300,000-400,000 Max. Montieth seemed very clusterd. But also need around 3100-3500sqft.

I really like the close community feel. The walking trails, playgrounds, etc... My kids are going to have strokes when we tell them we maybe moving soon!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM

90 posts, read 175,221 times
I have lived here in an apt for a year now, we finally decided on Crown Harbor. We looked in Vermillion and loved it everytime...but no matter what day or time we never saw kids playing. We had a contract to build and I just felt bad for the kids (6 & 7) for not having any neighborhood kids.
we decided to wait and we found Crown Harbor and our realtor (John Quinn) he made everything easy and he worked real hard so we didnt. lol
It is lake access and the roads all have cul de sacs..and hundreds of kids and community get togethers and party and functions. It is great.
Exit 23 had great homes but they seemed so expensive for an older home with smaller lots.
Also I didnt like all the power lines running through almost ever neighborhood I looked at.
You may want to drive through Crown Harbor and check out the pool..it is amazing.
and if you have any questions you can PM me...I have done extensive research on almost every neighborhood..lol

Old 02-11-2010, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,138 times
I would really apprecaite some information on the Huntersville Schools. We were looking at Skybrook but there are so many different schools that children would goto. It appears that some in that development goto schools in Concord? It looks pretty bad on greatschools.com. Can anyone provide information about the schools?

Thanks for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte