Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,336 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am looking to relocate my family from Florida to the Charlotte area and we really like Western Union County, since it is close enough to the city but yet far enough to live the suburb experience. The problem we sare having is finding an area with the best Public Schools. Can anyone orient us as to what would be the best public Elementary school in Western Union County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,172,281 times
Check this website for comparative school information: NC School Report Cards , also try GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Elementary schools in Western Union County include Sandy Ridge, Marvin, Rea View, Kensington, Weddington, New Town, Antioch and Wesley Chapel. My youngest is at Rea View now, oldest graduated from Marvin Elementary before our neighborhood was reassigned to Rea View.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave7 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to relocate my family from Florida to the Charlotte area and we really like Western Union County, since it is close enough to the city but yet far enough to live the suburb experience. The problem we sare having is finding an area with the best Public Schools. Can anyone orient us as to what would be the best public Elementary school in Western Union County?
You could check out the site "great schools.net" for the latest in scores and statistics

All of western Union county is considered pretty good really.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 AM

5 posts, read 7,542 times
Weddington is a great place to live and raise a family. All of my children have attended Weddington public schools and have had positive experiences. Since we are on the verge of being empty nesters we are ready to downsize. Our neighborhood is small, friendly and full of children. Moderator cut: tos violation

Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,374,668 times
In western union county, any of the elementary schools that feed into Marvin Ridge are basically all great, Rea View, Sandy Ridge, and Marvin Elementary. You can't go wrong with any of those three. Weddington Elementary is also good, but they will be split going into middle school between Cuthbertson and Weddington. Kensington, New Town, and Wesley Chapel are also good. That is basically all the elementary schools if you stay in Western UC, I wouldn't consider Antioch or Waxhaw ES.

when looking for a house, I wouldn't rely on the realtor to tell you where you would be going. I got a lot of misinformation because of the constant redistricting. The new Cuthbertson cluster created some changes, so check out the attendance maps below when considering a purchase.

2009/2010 School Year

Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,035,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
I wouldn't consider Antioch
Just curious why you'd eliminate Antioch? Highly rated Elem with Weddington Middle/High if you choose area properly. Are you just eliminating it because it's the extreme Eastern end of Weddington?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:31 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,374,668 times
It didn't met AYP last year and is only a school of distinction when all the other ones are Honor schools of excellence, and I wouldn't consider that area close to the city. Also, that and Wesley Chapel are too close to the border for my taste, one more shuffle, and you're going to Sun Valley. It certainly is a good school, but the OP was asking for the best. I also chose a home strictly on schools, and stuck with the Marvin Ridge Cluster.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 AM

604 posts, read 1,308,385 times
We visited 4 schools in 4 diffrerent counties before we decided in Indian Land in SC.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,035,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
It didn't met AYP last year and is only a school of distinction when all the other ones are Honor schools of excellence, and I wouldn't consider that area close to the city. Also, that and Wesley Chapel are too close to the border for my taste, one more shuffle, and you're going to Sun Valley. It certainly is a good school, but the OP was asking for the best. I also chose a home strictly on schools, and stuck with the Marvin Ridge Cluster.
Yeah, that's what I thought... thanks for clarifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte