Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 AM

78 posts, read 228,312 times

Advertisements

Isn't there a decent sized flea market just south of Pineville on Route 51 as you cross into South Carolina ? I have been there, and I would describe it as a "typical" flea market.

The Webb road flea market that cfr mentioned just before Salisbury is a fun market. It is 1/2 market and 1/2 garage sale. I seem to find all sorts of stuff that I am not quite is legal... People selling puppies, fire arms, the key maker there will dupe keys regardless of origin, cheap toys that could kill a baby. All this at bargain prices !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,991,028 times
Ive been to the following flea markets/antique stores and trying to find new ones:

Sleepy Poet - Charlotte
Piccolo - Belmont
Trader Marc's - Fort Mill
Barnyard off Hwy 51 - Pineville
Metrolina Expo - Charlotte

Just was curious if theres any others within a 60 min ride of Fort Mill/Charlotte. The link for Cooks in Winston Salem looks cool. Looking for a mix of antiques, collectibles and flea market items.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
Ive been to the following flea markets/antique stores and trying to find new ones:

Sleepy Poet - Charlotte
Piccolo - Belmont
Trader Marc's - Fort Mill
Barnyard off Hwy 51 - Pineville
Metrolina Expo - Charlotte

Just was curious if theres any others within a 60 min ride of Fort Mill/Charlotte. The link for Cooks in Winston Salem looks cool. Looking for a mix of antiques, collectibles and flea market items.
Home Page

Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
I used Google to find thrift stores in my area...they probably have hundreds listed for your area.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:49 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,991,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I used Google to find thrift stores in my area...they probably have hundreds listed for your area.
Finding thrift "clothing" stores isnt hard. Finding GOOD flea markets/antique stores is. Ive used google maps before, and its lead me to a few places no longer in business and others that arent really worth my time. Id rather get the suggestions from the horses mouth

Old 02-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
Finding thrift "clothing" stores isnt hard. Finding GOOD flea markets/antique stores is. Ive used google maps before, and its lead me to a few places no longer in business and others that arent really worth my time. Id rather get the suggestions from the horses mouth
Let me know what the horse says.
Hope OP found a few "good" ideas from a Google search.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
there is also a pretty large flea market in Dallas that I think is called the I-85 flea market. I believe it was once known as the 321 flea market named as such for the highway near there.
I live a few miles from the 321 Flea Market....it's on old Hwy. 321....hence the name. lol.
The place is HUGE....hundreds and hundreds of vendors.
It's an indoor/outdoor market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte