Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 12:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,568,882 times

Advertisements

I have a new gratitude for a lot of you posters for your well wishes in my Christmas Miracle thread, so I will be less harsh but still firm when I moderate.

Instead of issuing a physical warning I will first delete,
then I will warn you of the tos violation by quoting it from the tos using direct message first.

Then a physical warning, next a 1 pt infraction. 2pt or more for the serious ones.
There is user notes for us moderators and I will document the problem in case another moderator sees your problematic issues with you violating tos.
2pt or more automatically send you on vacation. Something new i'm starting (not the other mods) is the amount of points will reflect how many days your in time out.
ex: if you receive 3pt infraction means a vacation from the forum for 3 days 10pts will ban a poster

Everyone in my book starts off with a clean slate in 2010 and I will not judge if this is a repeated offense from the past.

Exceptions: Spammers and obvious trolls, I will still be harsh on those two because I cant stand them trying to ruin your forum so they might get a vacation or a ban.

Im taking Prestiq now so it might explain why i'm trying to be kinder and gentler.
It was funny after taking this Pretiq a poster direct message me they didnt understand
why I didnt issue them an infraction when I deleted over 5 off topic posts (you made me chuckle)

If I delete your message take that as a warning
If in a thread I leave a Moderator Note consider that as a warning. Abide by the following instructions if you could.

If you see this it means i'm moderating that thread,
generally left in hot topic threads.
It doesnt mean anything wrong just i'm moderating

I feel we are all here to help each other. Thanks for what you contribute
I dont mind heated topics but let's debate the topic and not the poster and we all will hopefully get along.

These are my new rules, and do not apply to other moderators. I can easily ask a mod to step in however.
If everyone would just follow the tos, this would be a more happier place.
All The Best.

TO NEW BEGINNINGS IN 2010

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-13-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Old 12-14-2009, 01:26 PM

If your a newbie or not familiar with the terms of service (tos) that is posted at the top of every forum I highly suggest you read it. Upon registering you agreed to these terms. To prevent chaos found in non moderated forums city data abides to these terms so that this is a pleasant place.

If you see a problematic post use the report post button and a mod will investigate it.

All The Best

Old 01-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Default updated

I ask your opinion on how to handle off topic posts and these where y'all suggestions
(I cant type you guys LOL why is that a southern thing. Y'all seems so natural )

if the off topic enhances the conversation then I will leave it.
It is up to the OP to inform the other posters if they dont like the direction the thread is going.
Sometimes we have drive by posters. (they post then you never hear from them again.
Or open a can of worms but dont come back to put a lid on it.
If the post is totally off topic instead of deleting I will move it to the Charlotte forum first then if it needs to be moved to another forum it will have this in the front

Moved: Then the thread title

This will reduce Hijacking a thread infractions unless I see this is a repeated behavior. This my decision and doesnt apply to other mods. I will stick behind other mods decisions

I will not tolerate being totally rude posts this is something I haven't crack down before but if it hampers the spirit of the board which is
Quote:
We are here To Help Each Other
Please use report post if this happens. This sometimes can be tough to moderate because what is rude to you may not be to someone else but I can ask in private moderator forum for a second opinion from another moderator.
If this occurs please give me 24hrs before a decision is made on such a post

Rude is covered in the terms of service it states
Quote:
NO Flaming
I want to make this forum enjoyable for everyone.
You dont know how many times I been called a Nazi
or a Right Wing Liberal Nazi . What a hoot.
We all agreed to the terms of service upon registering.
Some will argue what about freedom of speech . Yeah fine if this site was run by government or public
but city-data is a private site so that argument goes out with the trash

I want this forum enjoyable; A place you dont mind your grandma or kids or boss looking over your shoulder. If you have a problem that cant be handled in reported post direct message me. If your new alot of the frequent questions can be answered here
FAQ and Tutorial Guide For New Charlotte Posters

These are not new rules but just the way I handle violations of the terms of service that only thing that is changing. I will still enforce the tos. It a good backbone in keeping things civil

All The Best

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-03-2010 at 12:19 AM..

Old 01-06-2010, 08:41 PM

I think I need to clarify since in the morning I will issue my first verbal (direct message) for the year to some posters their is moderator notes for each user and this
is how I and other moderators determine if action needs to be taken by your prior history

First I will send you a direct message
2nd I will send a physical warning
1pt infraction
2-9pts will equal amount of days you get time off to re understand the terms of service posted at the top of every forum that we all agreed to upon registering.
Am I being to harsh--- NO im giving you eleven times to make it right

remember WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER

Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 PM

the terms of service is to make this site pleasant for everyone

it was just ask of me what physical warning and no i wont stalk you lol
it looks like this

Quote:
Dear liten,

You have received a warning at City-Data Forum.

Reason:
-------
Advertising

Please do not solicit or advertise on city-data.
all your posts have been edited or deleted
-------

Original Post:
post url

Quote:
Quote:
the post
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
City-Data Forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: