Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 06:36 AM

5 posts, read 11,276 times

Advertisements

Help,

My family and I are moving to Union County most likely Indian Trail the first week in July. It is possible that we will be moving with PODS (large containers that house or belongings). Any ideas on how to hire help to unload the PODs so we don't have to do all the lifting ourselves? Also, we are re-locating from NH and are unfamiliar with year round school as it is not an option here. Any thoughts on year round vs. traditional elementary? Is it only elementary? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 08:32 AM

999 posts, read 4,657,713 times
www.emove.com
Haven't used them but have seen recommendations for them. You plug in your location and you hire people to come help unload. If you do a search on here for emove you should see posts from others who've used them.
Good luck
We're moving to Indian Trail end of June

Old 05-19-2007, 10:40 AM

5 posts, read 11,276 times
Thanks for your quick response. I'll check out emoves. Where in indian trail are you moving and how did you find the process of finding a home? We are coming down the weekend of Memorial day and following my husband stays to beign his new job. Our goal is to find a home that weekend?? Any advice? From where are you moving?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:42 PM

476 posts, read 1,577,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetu View Post
Help,

My family and I are moving to Union County most likely Indian Trail the first week in July. It is possible that we will be moving with PODS (large containers that house or belongings). Any ideas on how to hire help to unload the PODs so we don't have to do all the lifting ourselves? Also, we are re-locating from NH and are unfamiliar with year round school as it is not an option here. Any thoughts on year round vs. traditional elementary? Is it only elementary? Thanks for your help.
We too are relocating this summer, from RI, I am glad you asked this question about unloading.

We are also keeping an open mind about the year round school option. My takes seems to be a bit different than a lot of folks. I think what I favor about the year round school is that breaks throughout the year are larger which allows for travelling at all times of the year, not just a couple of weeks when everyone else is off so things are super busy. I know it gets difficult when you have one child at a school that is year round and then you head to middle school and they are more traditional so your kids are not always off at the same time. We are trying to sort all of that out.

Best of luck to your family. Maybe we will see you in Indian Trail.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:12 PM

999 posts, read 4,657,713 times
About the year round schools, it's not a bad schedule, and I thought we could take advantage of vacations during off times, however it gets difficult when you have more than one child, as middle and high schools do not have the year round schedule, then you'd have different vacations. Since my girls are onlyl one grade apart, I had considered it an option since the different schedules would only be for one year, more and things would get sticky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte