Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 AM
mjh

18 posts, read 105,252 times

Advertisements

We bought our kitchen table at Ashley Furniture. It's inexpensive and made of real wood instead of particle board with a veneer. I avoid Rooms To Go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 11:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,627,355 times
Memorial day weekend always is a good time to buy furniture I know Thomasville Furniture usually has a good sale esp the outlet stores. There is also a Bombay Outlet store and Pottery Barn Furniture Outlest store a very short drive to Gaffney SC.
The website below is not the best but it does give you some options http://ncfurnitureonline.com/

Old 06-03-2007, 05:42 PM

999 posts, read 4,659,448 times
Default Furnitureland South

We went shopping to Furnitureland South (about 80 min from Uptown) this weekend, all I can say is WOW! The most humonguous (sp?) furniture store ever. What I liked best about the place is when you walk in there's a reception desk, they sign you in, you meet with a sales rep, they direct you where to go and, then, they leave you alone! If you want more help, they'll be happy to do so, but our guy took my cell # and called me a couple of times to check up, we had his ext # so I could call any time I had a question. The prices are all marked, but they will tell you to take 40% off the top. This would vary if you changed fabric etc. We spent 6 HOURS there, if we had energy we could have stayed longer. We only bought 2 things, a loft bed system for my daughter, and a leather sofa for our living room. We still need a chair or loveseat, but DH is having issues with being able to "see" a good chair/sofa with different fabric, he wants to see it, and sit in it in the fabric he's buying it with. Pain. We spent more time looking for that one piece than anything else!
Now that we have a person there if DH does find something he likes elsewhere we can find the manufacturer and piece and order it directly from them at the discount, without even going in (if they carry it). Delivery was very reasonable, $85 for our two pieces to Indian Trail.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:36 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,423,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
We went shopping to Furnitureland South (about 80 min from Uptown) this weekend, all I can say is WOW! The most humonguous (sp?) furniture store ever. What I liked best about the place is when you walk in there's a reception desk, they sign you in, you meet with a sales rep, they direct you where to go and, then, they leave you alone! If you want more help, they'll be happy to do so, but our guy took my cell # and called me a couple of times to check up, we had his ext # so I could call any time I had a question. The prices are all marked, but they will tell you to take 40% off the top. This would vary if you changed fabric etc. We spent 6 HOURS there, if we had energy we could have stayed longer. We only bought 2 things, a loft bed system for my daughter, and a leather sofa for our living room. We still need a chair or loveseat, but DH is having issues with being able to "see" a good chair/sofa with different fabric, he wants to see it, and sit in it in the fabric he's buying it with. Pain. We spent more time looking for that one piece than anything else!
Now that we have a person there if DH does find something he likes elsewhere we can find the manufacturer and piece and order it directly from them at the discount, without even going in (if they carry it). Delivery was very reasonable, $85 for our two pieces to Indian Trail.

we are buying furniture at Tyndall in Pineville..terrific prices and really nice stuff and they can order if they dont have it...also haverty's is awesome on furniture row/carolina place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte