Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:45 PM

79 posts, read 287,687 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have been looking for a rental home in the S. Charlotte/ Fort Mill area. I see some pretty nice homes in the $1200-$2000 range. Then I see these really nice homes in Indian Trail that rent for alot less than the other areas I have been looking at(Ballantyne, Waxhaw, Weddington) and I am wondering if maybe something is wrong with the area. Ideally I would love to find a rental in the Bridgemill subdivision but that is basically non existant. Anyway can someone give me some idea as to why nicer homes rent for less in Indian Trail? How far is it from the Rt 521/ Indianland area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 03:25 PM

525 posts, read 1,807,359 times
Indian Trail is pretty nice....I didn't see amny for rent that are less than 1000 per month.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:28 PM

79 posts, read 287,687 times
I found some that are in the $1500 range but much larger and nicer than other areas. Just seemed kinda odd to me.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:33 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,839,777 times
I think Indian Trail is cheap because there just isn't a whole lot out here. Seriously, it's a pretty rural area. I have to drive in to Matthews or Monroe to do all my shopping or go to restaurants, etc.
So I'm guessing it's cheap because it's a pretty rural area without a whole lot of amenities.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:59 PM

But you are right on the Meck border so you have access to EVERYTHING within a few miles. But without the craziness...

Old 05-21-2007, 07:22 PM

38 posts, read 152,659 times
Is Indian Trail a problem area though? I read on here about curfews and such. Why would they impose that if there were not any problems. I am flying down Wednesday to look in Union. Is that the best bet? My friend says yes and a realtor I met on here has been awesome.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:36 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,422,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINS View Post
Is Indian Trail a problem area though? I read on here about curfews and such. Why would they impose that if there were not any problems. I am flying down Wednesday to look in Union. Is that the best bet? My friend says yes and a realtor I met on here has been awesome.
The crismark development is really nice in indian trail, we looked in indian trail also and decided on Marvin/Waxhaw as it is similar to where we live now, and we just felt like we were home so to speak

Old 05-21-2007, 07:50 PM

743 posts, read 2,247,104 times
A few of the more established neighborhoods are having problems with teen agers in their neighborhood. Outside of that, I have not had any problems, knock on wood, as of yet. It is pretty rural which is good but could also be bad. The curfew is more for these problem areas, one in particular is Brittany Downs subdivision on Unionville Indian Trail Rd. But more may pop up as is happening everywhere else.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:07 PM

113 posts, read 458,123 times
You can't compare Bridgemill to brittney downs and Merryweather.
Bridgemill is, like, a John Wieland community, $400K to barely get in, am I right? While brittney downs is, like, 4 times cheaper.
Actually, I'd like to see a home like in Bridgemill for rent in Indian Trail. I bet it will be more than in Bridgemill.
But anyhow...there is Nothing wrong with Indian Trail...very low demand for rentals might sometimes dictate lower prices...I apologize if I didn't undestand the question, it seems to me that there is some misunderstanding somewhere.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:23 PM

That is true too...the market is steady I think but you can buy for what you can rent for so I'd say that is a factor too...the kind of crime y'all think about isn't present here..yes teens are at it..but they were when I was younger too...they do need some limits period. I think Indian Trail may be being proactive, several communities have active community watches, not necessarily b/c of crime but also to prevent it..once it hits your community it can be too late...if word is out that police and ppl are aware no one wants that.
I like it here personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte