Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:26 AM

79 posts, read 287,056 times

Advertisements

One subdivision I was looking at to rent in was Colton Ridge. Does anyone know anything about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 PM

197 posts, read 735,597 times
I have a friend that lives in Colton Ridge - it is nice. My guess is that those homes are cheaper to rent b/c of the schools (not that the schools are bad by any stretch though) and the fact that the houses are not as expensive to buy as Ballantyne/Weddington generally tend to be

Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 PM

58 posts, read 307,126 times
I've only lived in Colton Ridge for three weeks now, so I'm by no means an expert. But so far we've loved everything about it. After looking a dozens of neighborhoods, we felt Colton Ridge met far more of our needs and desires than any other neighborhood in Union County.

Here's the thread I started with some pictures of my new house. Feel free to PM or email me and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsenator View Post
I've only lived in Colton Ridge for three weeks now, so I'm by no means an expert. But so far we've loved everything about it. After looking a dozens of neighborhoods, we felt Colton Ridge met far more of our needs and desires than any other neighborhood in Union County.

Here's the thread I started with some pictures of my new house. Feel free to PM or email me and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.
which schools do they go too???

Old 05-22-2007, 03:14 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
Indian Trail Elem, Sun Valley and Sun Valley

Old 05-22-2007, 03:54 PM

38 posts, read 152,364 times
You have a beautiful home. I am flying into Charlotte tomorrow around 2:30 and will be looking at Union County area on Thursday.
I wish you the best of luck in your new home. I hope one day I can call a place my home and that I will love living and working there. After all, we all want a better life for our children.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:37 PM

525 posts, read 1,803,699 times
those schools are fine, my kids go to 2 of the 3 listed, we have been pleased..everyone has personal preference, but they are ok.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM

293 posts, read 958,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
those schools are fine, my kids go to 2 of the 3 listed, we have been pleased..everyone has personal preference, but they are ok.
I agree, the schools are good. Alot of people tend to rave about schools that haven't even opened yet. How can they be so great if you don't even know what kind of teachers will be there? I think it will take some time for these schools to get established in order to determine how good they will be.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:58 PM

525 posts, read 1,803,699 times
They are looking at the cosmetic appeal of it. I care that it is safe and comfortable don't get me wrong (BTW I had NO A/C in school!!)
Staff is the most important things and how your child adapts

Old 05-22-2007, 09:05 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
We choose our area and yes they are new schools, however where the kids are being pulled from and the school they attended until the new school was built says it all...for me I cant speak for anyone else after doing research upon research especially for schools they had gotten terrific parent reviews from those I had spoken with, as well as what the school had to offer...my dd is in a new school here in Jersey and its going School of Excellence already after 2.5 years...and this is why My area of town has become desirable..everyone has their own opinions as well as certain needs for their children we just felt very comfortable where we decided to buy...new schools and all..Also remember most new schools do get some of the Best Teachers...I know that is how it is here...cant speak for NC....I like to see happy faces in school and smiling children..as well as happy parents and staff...and from those I spoke to they are prediciting this school to be excellent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte