Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 01:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

I will not tolerate being totally rude posts this is something I haven't crack down before but if it hampers the spirit of the board which is
Quote:
Quote:
We are here To Help Each Other
Please use report post if this happens. This sometimes can be tough to moderate because what is rude to you may not be to someone else but I can ask in private moderator forum for a second opinion from another moderator.
If this occurs please give me 24hrs before a decision is made on such a post

Rude is covered in the terms of service it states Quote:
Quote:
NO Flaming
I want to make this forum enjoyable for everyone.
You dont know how many times I been called a Nazi
or a Right Wing Liberal Nazi . What a hoot.
We all agreed to the terms of service upon registering.
Some will argue what about freedom of speech . Yeah fine if this site was run by government or public
but city-data is a private site so that argument goes out with the trash

Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I ask in the private moderators for them to define flaming this is their response
Quote:
My definition if "flaming" is a p i ss ing contest between two or three people that add absolutely nothing to the content of the thread, just arguing with each other for the sake of doing so.

On the same kind of subject. I see the word "troll" being thrown around a lot and we really need to be careful of that. I believe the word "troll" means someone who comes to a forum for the ONLY purpose to pit people against each other and start arguments.

So define the difference between the "flamers" and the "trolls"? The flamers are normally decent posters who have had their feathers ruffled in an instance and trolls have only shown up for that reason and no other. AND they come back again and again under different names. I personally don't think anyone on here should be called a troll unless they have already been baned under a different name, but maybe that is just me.

Was that as clear as mud? hahahahha
Quote:
"Despite abundant commentary, analysis, and research, there is little agreement on what flaming is."
“Flaming” and Other Problematic Messages:

I have never really used the word "Flaming" since its inception long ago, the early days of FidoNet...

I use trolling. Try to incite an arguement. If the post is off topic and appears to have been created only to start an arguement, I consider it a troll.

Many times I define the word in my infraction:

Rich
Quote:
Flaming is a personal attack mixed into an argument about something that isn't personal. If the argument isn't getting personal, it isn't flaming, but it might be trolling if it's excessive and repetitive.
Quote:
Trolling is baiting somebody into an argument.

Flaming is coming back at the bait in a heated manner.
My goal is to make the Charlotte forum enjoyable for everyone by Spring
You know the saying if If you aint got nothing to say dont say nothing at all
or
a line from one of my favorite motivational speakers Connie Podesta
"Act happy or be happy no one cares which."
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: