Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 AM

56 posts, read 157,587 times

Advertisements

My family first visited Charlotte almost 2 years ago and since then i've wanted to make Charlotte my new home. We live and own a home in Brooklyn, NY. We've visited a few communities (berewick, Waterlyn,Steele Creek) and haven't really narrowed made a choice. I like a few of Steele Creek's plan and they more so have what i have in mind (i.e large floor plans, sep.masterbath/walk-in closet so you don't have to walk through the bath to get to the closet). We have a 2 year old and a 6 year old so good day care centers and schools are a MUST. We are looking in the $200-250k range and square ft ranging from 2500-3000 sq. feet. Any suggestions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,175,865 times
There are several options for you -- if a community pool as well as a newer home are important to you, in addition to Berewick I would check out Yorkshire, Falcon Ridge, Hamilton Lakes, and Waterlyn.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:10 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,154,768 times
Wither's Grove is a pretty neighborhood in that area.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,035,138 times
I prefer Falcon Ridge out off all of those.

I close on the house tomorrow. yaah!!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 07:01 PM

73 posts, read 247,471 times
Schools for Berewick are terrible. If they are a must for you, then I would look into private schools.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:11 PM

87 posts, read 329,508 times
what are the schools?

Old 05-23-2007, 07:24 PM

295 posts, read 1,062,977 times
O.K, I have been examining the real estate in that area and found that it is better to reside in Fort Mill, S.C. The schools are of better-quality and the price per sq foot is about equal. In addition, the taxes and crime in Fort Mill are much lower than Charlotte. I also found out that Fort Mill is under tremendous growth, which will add value to your home over time. I would advise that you take a look at some of the new home builders in the Fort Mill area, since they have plenty of homes within your price range.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 AM

182 posts, read 825,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berewick Resident View Post
Schools for Berewick are terrible. If they are a must for you, then I would look into private schools.
How bad? I just bought in Berewick and it will be about a year before my daughter goes to kindergarden.....I'm more concerned about preschool or pre-k right now. Any suggestions there?

Old 05-24-2007, 11:29 AM

56 posts, read 157,587 times
The hubby is going to apply for a transfer as his job is opening a location in Spartanburg, Sc. do you think it's too far to commute? Even from Fort Mill as a previous poster suggested? There are a couple locations in Charlotte that he can eventually transfer to, however he has a better chance of a getting the transfer at a brand new location than one already in existence.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,223,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbound2007 View Post
The hubby is going to apply for a transfer as his job is opening a location in Spartanburg, Sc. do you think it's too far to commute? Even from Fort Mill as a previous poster suggested? There are a couple locations in Charlotte that he can eventually transfer to, however he has a better chance of a getting the transfer at a brand new location than one already in existence.
If your husband will be working in Spartanburg...that is way to far of a commute...even from Fort Mill, SC. I am located in the Fort Mill area and to Spartanburg, SC it will take right around an hour and a half. My suggestion would be to go to the SC side of this site for some advice!

Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte