Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,485,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNC
Nope, I don't think Mooresville is crime ridden at all!

The few sites I have found with crime data seem WAY off to me.

To everyone moving here - I wouldn't let these stats make or break where you decide to look for a home. If crime is a major concern (which it should be) - you can find accurate Charlotte-Mecklenburg data on the county website. For the outlying areas (Mooresville, etc.)...honestly, I watch the news and read the paper every day and very seldom do you hear of violent crimes in those areas. Break-ins are everywhere.

Why so many break-ins I gotta say that bothers me. Do they break-in while people are home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Nope, I don't think Mooresville is crime ridden at all!

The few sites I have found with crime data seem WAY off to me.

To everyone moving here - I wouldn't let these stats make or break where you decide to look for a home. If crime is a major concern (which it should be) - you can find accurate Charlotte-Mecklenburg data on the county website. For the outlying areas (Mooresville, etc.)...honestly, I watch the news and read the paper every day and very seldom do you hear of violent crimes in those areas. Break-ins are everywhere.

What's your opinion on the area between Davidson Concord rd and Popular tent off the 73. It's like 3 miles East of River Run Country club and golf course.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,099,895 times
I said the same thing in another thread ... those crime indexes make my area sound like a war zone, and it simply isn't. It ain't Mayberry but it sure as heck isn't Vietnam. If one were to judge by the crime index posted on that site, they'd think otherwise. Which is why I can't pay heed to those numbers. If they are inaccurate for my area, it must be inaccurate for others ...

SL

Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM

44 posts, read 171,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Why so many break-ins I gotta say that bothers me. Do they break-in while people are home?
I don't know why so many...I wish I did know. In my 39 years of living here, I have only been a victim of crime once. My home was broken into about 15 years ago. At the time we lived in a home that was on a busy road with no close neighbors and had just had a lot of people in the home doing some remodeling work for us. I think someone that had been working on the house either did it or tipped someone else off. My parents have lived here for 50 years and have never had a break in, and none of my friends or relatives that live here have had any problems.

I hear about breaking in while people are home occasionally, but I think more often it happens when people are away from home.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:28 PM

44 posts, read 171,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
What's your opinion on the area between Davidson Concord rd and Popular tent off the 73. It's like 3 miles East of River Run Country club and golf course.
If you're moving there, I think you are moving to a great area and have nothing to worry about!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,561,936 times
The Sperling data is wrong. Where I currently live, Woburn MA (about 15 miles north of Boston) has a property crime index of 6, incidentally so does New York City. It's about as right as wearing pants with vertical stripes and a shirt with horizontal stripes.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
If you're moving there, I think you are moving to a great area and have nothing to worry about!

Really? That makes me fell a little better. It's really woodsy right now. It's actually N on Popular Tent Rd. The woods really. They are putting a place called Summer Walk in and they are taking some of the woods down and removing old little shacks and trailors.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,231,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069
The Sperling data is wrong. Where I currently live, Woburn MA (about 15 miles north of Boston) has a property crime index of 6, incidentally so does New York City. It's about as right as wearing pants with vertical stripes and a shirt with horizontal stripes.

Thank you!...I have been saying this for....I don't no how long (not about the shirts and pants thing ..but about Sperlings crime data) and pretty much have been ignored. Best bet...once you find an area you are interested in...call the local police dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte