Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 7,508 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm thinking of moving to Charlotte or Raleigh. I am 30, mother of a 6 year old daughter and business owner of a children's boutique. I want to find a place to relocate where I can move my business, safe place to raise my daughter and build my family with my boyfriend. I want to move to place were its things for a young couple to do and activities for a young children. Could anyone give me some insight on Charlotte or any city that suites my criteria. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 12:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qianya View Post
Hello,
I'm thinking of moving to Charlotte or Raleigh. I am 30, mother of a 6 year old daughter and business owner of a children's boutique. I want to find a place to relocate where I can move my business, safe place to raise my daughter and build my family with my boyfriend. I want to move to place were its things for a young couple to do and activities for a young children. Could anyone give me some insight on Charlotte or any city that suites my criteria. Thank You.
Charlotte is a lovely city and is very family oriented.

HOWEVER, even during the recession and economic downturn many people continued to relocate here, many without jobs. Due to this and continued numbers of people losing their jobs, our unemployment numbers are through the roof.

Basically, I am saying that in my opinion this is NOT a good time to come to Charlotte without an established job. New businesses are really struggling and many have gone under. Though if you have very deep pockets and can ride out this economy at least 18 months or so I'd love to see you give it a shot here South Charlotte is where I'd recommend you consider relocating.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 PM

Ok, thanks for your insight. Why do you recommend South Carolina? And what area?

Old 02-07-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Ok, thanks for your insight. Why do you recommend South Carolina? And what area?
I didn't say South Carolina, I said South CHARLOTTE This is the most stable area of the city with the best of everything overall.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:59 PM

I'm Sorry I'm meant South Charlotte! lol. Ok what parts? I'm coming to visit there in March. My boyfriend's cousin plays with the North Carolina Bob Cats. I could visit some of ur suggested places.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I'm Sorry I'm meant South Charlotte! lol. Ok what parts? I'm coming to visit there in March. My boyfriend's cousin plays with the North Carolina Bob Cats. I could visit some of ur suggested places.
Well, you'll want to see the South Park area and the lovely upscale mall there (Fairview Rd at Sharon Rd).

Also check out Carmel Rd from the South Park area down to Hwy 51 to see some lovely neighborhoods.

Don't miss Ballantyne - a large planned development with a golf resort, shopping, condo's and upscale neighborhoods.

Nearby (just a mile or two away down Rea Rd) you'd want to see Blakeney - another shopping area with many really nice neighorhoods all around, including my favorite, Ardrey.

That would definitely keep you busy for a day or two If you need a tour guide I'm available, lol (bad joke, that means I'm out of work right now!)

Old 02-08-2010, 11:01 PM

95 posts, read 243,954 times
actually lots of the players live in Concord just a few minutes past Concord Mills Mall in a small custom subdivision

Old 03-04-2010, 06:32 PM

554 posts, read 1,508,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, you'll want to see the South Park area and the lovely upscale mall there (Fairview Rd at Sharon Rd).

Also check out Carmel Rd from the South Park area down to Hwy 51 to see some lovely neighborhoods.

Don't miss Ballantyne - a large planned development with a golf resort, shopping, condo's and upscale neighborhoods.

Nearby (just a mile or two away down Rea Rd) you'd want to see Blakeney - another shopping area with many really nice neighorhoods all around, including my favorite, Ardrey.

That would definitely keep you busy for a day or two If you need a tour guide I'm available, lol (bad joke, that means I'm out of work right now!)

Hit the nail on the head...check out all of these. Uptown, South Park and Ballantyne are key and if you're not sold after that I'd be quite surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte