Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 PM

12 posts, read 56,679 times

Advertisements

I know that furniture stores are EVERYWHERE in NC. I'm looking for good, solid furniture at a reasonable price (reasonable to the average middle class family). I'm looking for the following items:

- gathering table w/4 chairs (pub style/height)
- office furniture (lots of it)
- Home theater furniture
- accent chairs
- patio furniture
- area rugs

I think that's it.

Thanks for your help-

Stacy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 09:25 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyW View Post
I know that furniture stores are EVERYWHERE in NC. I'm looking for good, solid furniture at a reasonable price (reasonable to the average middle class family). I'm looking for the following items:

- gathering table w/4 chairs (pub style/height)
- office furniture (lots of it)
- Home theater furniture
- accent chairs
- patio furniture
- area rugs

I think that's it.

Thanks for your help-

Stacy
According to my dh today Carolina Place-in pineville he said had really nice stuff and were reasonable depending on the Store...

Old 05-19-2007, 09:28 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,101,297 times
K-Town furniture at the Cannon Village in Kannapolis, is where we bought several items, good quality and nice prices.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:24 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,113 times
Family members have used K-Town and liked it. I have posted before that Honeycutt Furniture in Kannapolis can get you anything from any manufacturer at an incredible price. Best kept secret.

Also, I suggest doing a quick search here on the boards, we have had a lot of threads about this and there is good info there.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:46 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
I like Furniture factory outlet World in Waxhaw. Every week you go there is something new. I bought some really nice pieces there. Only problem is no delivery.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:21 PM

396 posts, read 1,630,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I like Furniture factory outlet World in Waxhaw. Every week you go there is something new. I bought some really nice pieces there. Only problem is no delivery.
I agree. We spent a good part of a Saturday out there. Well worth the drive. Just remember...only open on Thurs-Sat.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:30 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indraman View Post
I agree. We spent a good part of a Saturday out there. Well worth the drive. Just remember...only open on Thurs-Sat.
http://www.havertys.com/catalog/grou...p=HVT122+Youth
this one is carolina place pkwy...in Pineville, its not just Youth..lol

http://www.broyhillfurniture.com/

http://www.bassettfurniture.com/

great place for appliances:
Plaza Appliance Mart
http://plazaappliancemart.com/

these are just the places my dh loved, as he was there yesterday all day

Old 05-21-2007, 12:28 PM

187 posts, read 649,755 times
Ashley Furniture has great stuff! But when I first moved down I tried to get a CC and buy some stuff with them but they declined me because I was new here, just started a job and didn't really have a perm house or some crap like that.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:55 PM

35 posts, read 171,912 times
If you are looking for good prices your best bet is to get out of Charlotte, away from the major chains and distributors and head up to the factory outlets in Hickory (about an hour NW of Charlotte) and/or High Point (about 1an hour NE of Charlotte).

I also agree if you are looking for something local, Furniture Factory Outlet World in Waxhaw has some really nice stuff at great prices.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:54 PM

12 posts, read 56,679 times
THANK YOU!

You guys rock.

Stacy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte