Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,696 times

Advertisements

The guy I went with on LKN never leaves his guests unsatisfied. His name is Mac , and his rates are good. Lookup 'Fishing With Mac' to book a trip. He also guides year round , as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,838,183 times
By unsatisfied, I did not really mean unsatisfied by any captain or boat. I was thinking more along the lines of what you might catch. Sure, there are some whoppers that come out of both lakes. If you do Wylie, just get on a fishing forum and see where people go. Wylie is easy enough to navigate, but you do have to watch out for the speed demons in the bass boats. They are insane. Kind of odd warning people about fisherman when they're looking to fish, huh?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM

689 posts, read 1,657,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting2go View Post
Try this web site Fishing with Capt. Gus! Lake Norman Fishing Guide and Charter Boat Service. He charters on Lake Norman. I'm not into fresh water fishing but his site looks like he knows the lake.
My dad went to college with this guy and he is great. Been doing this for years and knows his fishing.

He is who I was going to recommend but was beaten to it.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 PM

441 posts, read 1,488,065 times
Rent a boat!
One of the fun challenging aspects of fishing , is finding the fish. If you truly love the sport of fishing, then go find them yourself!
Next thing ya know, you'll have a boat in the drive

Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 PM

176 posts, read 291,236 times
Default Fishing with Gus

Myself and three other guys went out on Lake Norman with Gus this January. We were on the water ~4 hours and we caught 40+ largemouth & perch. No stripers, unfortunately, and the biggest largemouth were in the 2lb range. Look forward to taking my son when we relocate to Charlotte during the summer (although Gus told me water temps at that time will approach 100 degrees)

Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,838,183 times
They're not quite that hot usually, but I have seen them show up as high as 97 degrees on the thermometer on my old jet ski. Still plenty hot. Like bath water and not even refreshing.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 AM

622 posts, read 1,783,306 times
Default Lake Wylie Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYthenNCnow View Post
Kona44 you have been here long enough to know, is there anything on Lake Wylie like getting on a party boat from Captree boat basin on LI? These boats would take out 20+ people with a crew and a guide, supply the rods and bait and it was reasonably priced per person. Any suggestions out there?
The type of fishing you are looking for is similar to catfishing in this area. The only guide service for this type (bait fishing vs. bass fishing) that I know of is catfishon.com. The maximum number of anglers is limited to four.

Coming from the SF Bay area, I had to learn how to adapt to the lake fishing (what people were catching here, I used for bait in California). For example, I fished for sturgeon and a keeper had to exceed 42" in length. My best catch was over 6' and weighed 276 lbs.

I fish the lake from my dock and have caught catfish in excess of 10lbs. I want to try drift fishing in the lake channel where they catch catfish at 30 lbs.+.

I just wanted to make you aware that the local lake fishing is a totally different type of environment. But it is still great fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte