Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:09 PM

25 posts, read 127,226 times

Advertisements

I read the posts and I am looking for apartments near this area. I will be working at Reedy Creek Nature Preserve. My wife doesn't want to live at an apartment full of college kids but I don't really care. I am looking at Colonial Grand at Legacy Park.

Colonial Properties Trust - Colonial Grand at Legacy Park - Photo Gallery

The price seems really fair but I have no reference of the area. I lived for 6 years on Lake Wylie before moving to Cleveland OH. I will be back to Charlotte in less than a month and hopefully this is a good choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 09:27 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
I would stick with ZIP code 28269...

NORTH of Harris Blvd....WEST of I-85!

GOOD LUCK!
Do you really think the Harris/Tryon area is that bad? You write off a lot of nice places and The Shoppes, lake when you say West of 85. My rule was stay north of the 29/49/85 split and west of University City Blvd.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:49 PM

6 posts, read 16,862 times
We live at Bexley Greenway and love it...We do hear a little noise upstairs but i think its only to be expected living in an apartment. Everything else here is great so far...

Old 07-26-2008, 10:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Do you really think the Harris/Tryon area is that bad? You write off a lot of nice places and The Shoppes, lake when you say West of 85. My rule was stay north of the 29/49/85 split and west of University City Blvd.
This is my opinion and some people would agree that the nicer area of University City is WEST of I-85 and NORTH of Harris Blvd. No one said that Harris & Tryon is bad...but lets say it is not as nice as some other areas of University City.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:35 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times
The "newer" areas of UC are West of 85 on Harris, I suppose that is true, but when I lived at JW Clay and Tryon, I always hated going west on WT Harris because the traffic was just horrendous. I also found the area around University Shoppes, Bloom grocery store, Flying Saucer to be more pedestrian friendly and just in general easier to get around -- by foot and by car. That might not be as important to some people, but it was to me, so that's my 2 cents.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:26 PM

518 posts, read 2,061,190 times
I just have to say my two cents regarding the post about the schools. NEVER -- have my kids had 45 students in one class, more like 25-30. The Honors and AP classes have even less than that 18-25. We've lived here in the Mallard Creek area off Prosperity Church for 10 years. No, the schools are not as great as what we left in Virginia, but if you instill good values in your kids they should thrive wherever they are. My rising senior spent 2 years at Vance, no problems at all, wonderful teachers and adminstration. He is now at Mallard Creek HS, again no issues, my other one is a rising 10th grader. Horrible middle school, Alexander, don't like it at all and Mallard Creek Elementary has gotten rid of the trailers that were out front, that's a good thing.
Now back to areas, you would probably be better off purchasing a townhome or condo, there are some at the end of Prosperity Church and others along the way. The area is wonderful, we love it, and would highly recommend it. The majority of the posts are positive about the area, and if you watch news 14 you'll see shootings, burgleries, car-jackings, etc... in the north, south, east and west sides of Charlotte, no area is immune to it. Good Luck

Last edited by aquastone; 07-27-2008 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: add text

Old 07-27-2008, 05:36 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecologito View Post
.....I am looking at Colonial Grand at Legacy Park.

Colonial Properties Trust - Colonial Grand at Legacy Park - Photo Gallery

The price seems really fair but I have no reference of the area...
that's where I'm living right now. if you want details, DM me.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:23 AM

327 posts, read 1,197,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue77 View Post
i dont think north of charlotte is safe ...there are robberies and gunshots hrd everyday.....watch ch 14 and you will know what im talking about.

This is a very general statement that excludes at least 25% of all of Charlotte. I now you said this was your opinion, but come on. Your statement makes it sound like the wild west. There are plenty of nice areas in North Charlotte. Granted, I agree that you'll likely want to stay north of Harris Blvd., but please don't give such generalized information to those not familiar with the area.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 PM

125 posts, read 499,853 times
I am living temporarily in Bexley Greenway and aside from an excessive increase in rent the community is very well kept and very quiet. I would recommend it.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 AM

8 posts, read 17,951 times
Red face I have a townhouse for rent in North Charlotte

I've relocated to Kentucky for a new job and have a very nice, freshly painted townhouse for rent off of Mallard Creek. The rent is $789 for a very large two bedroom with a private back yard. Let me know if you're interested at all. Even if you aren't, you may want to consider renting through a private owner/property management company. You can get more space for less money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte