Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:55 PM

70 posts, read 376,274 times

Advertisements

I'm amazed that water/sewer is so cheap! I live in Portland, Oregon and my avg/monthly bill is about $117. It's just me, hubby and 2 small children. Our usage is low (turn off while brushing teeth, limited yard watering, efficient appliances). It's just that sewer is expensive here! By the looks of it, I could live in any area in NC and my bill would be cheaper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 07:36 PM

60 posts, read 309,302 times
Hi Elton,
I'm not sure whom to talk to regarding having a well dug. Perhaps you could contact the city of Concord and ask if they have a recomendation? My husband and I did ask around to the neighbors to get a read on how much it would cost and we were told anywhere from $1500-$3000. Now, I have no idea what would even be involved, but the good thing is I *think* you wouldn't be required to abide by the water restriction rules limiting your water usage for your lawn.

My husband is convinced that he can do the irrigation install himself , and I love him, I really do, but I have nightmares about him hitting lines of something in the ground and it turning out to be more expensive (and troublesome) than just having someone else do it for us.

I know what you mean about the flowers. Maybe we should start a new brown grass movement.

Here's to green lawns,
Nicole

Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,048 times
I am trying to get an estimation on how much I can save be converting my high flow faucets to a more energy efficient faucet in my place of business with about 500 workers. This change would primarily take place in the bathrooms. If there is anyway you could give me some kind of ballpark estimate I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 278 times
What is the cost per 1,000 gallons of water in Kannapolis NC ?

Old 01-07-2019, 03:21 PM

5,459 posts, read 6,058,580 times
Those of us that depend upon well water as our only means of clean water are thrilled that so many people and neighborhoods are worried about their landscape and wish to sink wells for irrigation purposes. There should be a law regarding no wells on any property that has access to city/county provided water.

In the past 10 years I have seen two neighbors drill new wells because their original wells went dry in the drought. Drilling 4 or 5 hundred feet is not cheap, but necessary to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte