Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Materialism: The theory or attitude that physical
well-being and worldly possessions constitute the
greatest good and highest value in life
(People do NOT realize this)
Please change the way you think!
I had a person that I was friends with 13 years ago tell me that I was materialistic. I was really offended. Then as I thought about what he said I knew that there were probably other reasons that we did not keep up with each other. What I consider to be most valuable in my life are my friends and family that I love. Without love it seems all so pointless.

Jett has a very shiny coat. He looks like he is enjoying being part of your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Quote:
I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower when I thought a flower would grow.
— Abraham Lincoln
Imagine a man walking along a city street when a flowerpot falls from an apartment windowsill above and crashes at his feet, narrowly missing him. At this point the man has a choice of four paths of thought and action he might follow:
  1. The path of retaliation. He could dash up the stairs, find the owner of the potted plant, and punch him or chew him out.
  2. The victim path. He could see the experience as confirmation that life is dangerous, and things that could hurt him await at every turn. Then he might go home and hide or wear a hard hat for the rest of his life.
  3. The stoic path. He could decide, Well, I guess it was my karma for the flowerpot to miss me, and just keep walking.
  4. The high road. He could go to the flower shop on the corner, buy another potted plant, knock on the door of the owner of the plant that fell, and tell that person, “You may not know that you lost your plant. I thought you might like a replacement.”
Obviously the high road is the one that will bear the sweetest fruit for everyone concerned. At this moment you stand at a crossroads in your life where you must choose which path you will take. Keep thinking about your options until you discover what your high road is.
What choice now stands before you?
What would your high road be?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,032,281 times
WOW, Sunny..good stuff!!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:24 AM

morning all...one day closer to the three day weekend...and, I have off on Tues., too!! WOO-HOO!! Need it!!

Lovely, warm day today. Test tonight. Enjoy everyone!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,653,670 times
Moving from U-City back to Huntersville tomorrow. I already had the day off so I figure hey, might as well take advantage of it.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
...it would be good to go sit on porch & drink another cup of coffee
It is always a good time for that!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Moving from U-City back to Huntersville tomorrow. I already had the day off so I figure hey, might as well take advantage of it.
hope that this is a good move??

morning, all....pop-up t-storms today, be watchful and careful.

TGIF!!!!!!!! HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!!!! YEA!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:35 AM

We'd just finished up with the move when the rainstorms hit. Boy, that rain felt nice after being so hot all day. Now, if I could only do something about the sore legs ...

Old 05-29-2010, 08:25 AM

morning, all....what a LOVELY day. so pretty after the storms! Sitting here in my home office on the second floor, looking out on the water oak tree that pretty much obscures any other view, listening to the birds chirp; window open, cat sleeping in front of it...yes...this is what living here is all about!!

have a great day everyone. Glad you got finished, Kev, before the rain.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:32 PM

Sure is quiet around the area tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte