Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 09:51 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,698,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
well, I can think of at least 30% of its residents that don't enjoy the average day. I provided statistical facts of the city itself, and oh boy, did it bother you. the city is charlottesville, and no little marketing trend will change that. quality of life in woodbridge off Rt. 1 is top notch. I grew up in NOVA, so my dislike of the area comes from experience. I don't like strip malls, $700k condos, and traffic. maybe that's your idea of a good time.
Lol.. you keep trying to create a narrative that you're somehow enraging me.. Did I deny your claim anywhere

And again, like I said... townies hating on Nova and CVille isn't something new. I was telling the OP to glaze over their viewpoints. Living in a desolate field w very few neighbors isn't my thing either but I don't go around complaining how it lacks everything I personally prefer. Does your new home not have it's own subsection for you to contribute positively to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I dunno about that. harrisonburg has hospitals, and lynchburg and roanoke are both bigger cities than charlottesville. and NOVA relies heavily on the federal government. they aren't wealthy because of something they did.
Charlottesville and Roanoke house the only level 1 trauma center this side of VA. Why do you think UVA has people being ambulancesd/helicoptered in from all over the area. You can keep on hating CVille but you can't deny the benefits it brings to this area of VA.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:58 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
Quote:
the median household income is $24k less than the rest of virginia, yet the housing is just as expensive. so I'm sure some people are thriving. almost 30% of the population of charlottesville lives below the poverty line, and it has a crime rate above the national average. so, it would appear, that charlottesville is exactly what I said it was. a few wealthy NOVA people who retire there, some students, and a bunch of poor people. this is extremely typical for a super liberal college town. go to ithaca, ny. it's very similar. and no, VA is a couple largely populated areas filled with government employees who vote their own self interests. Bush turned the state blue because he doubled the size of the government. but, northam has been so awful, it'll flip back in two years. you must be new to politics. back, and forth, back, and forth. you also seem obsessed with it. it's unhealthy. bottom line, charlottesville is exactly what I said it was. it's economic disparity combined with off the wall politics led by your mentally incapacitated mayor, nikuyah walker. nice place to visit, but the homeless problem is completely out of control. so again, I don't have a problem with charlottesville. charlottesville has a problem, as my numbers have suggested. low wages, high crime, and high levels of poverty. those are the facts. whether or not you choose to accept them is completely up to you.
The "Bluer" politically that C'Ville and Virginia gets, the bluer EVERYONE will become. Sad, but true.
I live in Virginia, and what I'm seeing ain't pretty.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:47 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Lol.. you keep trying to create a narrative that you're somehow enraging me.. Did I deny your claim anywhere

And again, like I said... townies hating on Nova and CVille isn't something new. I was telling the OP to glaze over their viewpoints. Living in a desolate field w very few neighbors isn't my thing either but I don't go around complaining how it lacks everything I personally prefer. Does your new home not have it's own subsection for you to contribute positively to?
you really seem sold on that whole "CVille" trend. haha. good grief. you find a lot of "townies" in NOVA? maybe, say, someone from leesburg that has access to a time machine, where they can travel back to when something in the area was rural? I pointed out statistics. not following how that is "hating on." I am in my subsection, homeboy.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Charlottesville and Roanoke house the only level 1 trauma center this side of VA. Why do you think UVA has people being ambulancesd/helicoptered in from all over the area. You can keep on hating CVille but you can't deny the benefits it brings to this area of VA.
you are overly defensive when it comes to factual statistics, and you're overly against charlottesville. you don't even like the name of your city.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
The "Bluer" politically that C'Ville and Virginia gets, the bluer EVERYONE will become. Sad, but true.
it's actually easy to ignore. most people where I'm at ignore politics.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
you really seem sold on that whole "CVille" trend. haha. good grief. you find a lot of "townies" in NOVA? maybe, say, someone from leesburg that has access to a time machine, where they can travel back to when something in the area was rural? I pointed out statistics. not following how that is "hating on." I am in my subsection, homeboy.
Lol... it's all good "homeboy". Cville (a shortened way of typing out Charlottesville) is fine and liked by many and rated highly which isn't free of problems and just like any other thriving bubble, you'll have outsider hating on it.. mostly because they couldn't cut it or afford it. The story isn't new to cities of all sizes.. call Austin, Asheville, Burlington and ask about it.

https://www.c-ville.com/
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 03-16-2020 at 07:47 AM..

Old 03-14-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
We've got exciting times ahead!

Old 03-14-2020, 11:14 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:
I'm guessing because he likes to troll, but doesn't like being confronted with facts. the facts of charlottesville are what they are. if I was looking for a college town of 50k people in VA to retire in, I would go to harrisonburg.
Agreed. I live near H'burg. I used to love C'ville and thought at one point I could retire there. No longer. At least not in the city.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Lol... it's all good "homeboy". Cville (a shortened way of typing out Charlottesville) is fine and liked by many and rated highly which isn't free of problems and just like any other thriving bubble, you'll have outsider hating on it.. mostly because they couldn't cut it or afford it. The story isn't new to cities of all sizes.. call Austin, Asheville, Burlington and ask about it.

https://www.c-ville.com/
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
couldn't "cut it or afford it." when you have an influx of old wealthy white people, they only bring with them service industry jobs that pay nothing. that's why you have a 30% poverty rate. are they allowing minorities in vermont yet? I am doubting you've ever been there.

Last edited by Yac; 03-16-2020 at 07:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville