Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,147 times

Advertisements

Hi, Im a 28 year old single professional female that recently moved to C-ville from Atlanta (literally one week ago) for an awesome job opportunity. The good part is that I found my dream job and the city is beautiful,...
The bad part is that I know absolutely NOBODY here.

Does anyone have any ideas of the best way/places to meet people/friends/dating in Charlottesville??

Also, I feel like I’m stuck in an Abercrombie & Fitch Ad. So any suggestions on where to mingle with young (late 20's- late 30's) DIVERSE professionals would be most helpful. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 10:55 AM

30 posts, read 111,316 times
You have aptly described one of Charlottesville's drawbacks with your Abercrombie and Fitch parallel. Besides this annoying phenomenon, it is simply a hard town to break into if you don't have a ready-made community (ex: sorority). Even as a native, when I moved back in my 20s to go to UVa, I found it quite hard to create a community for myself. Don't fear, there is diversity in the town and plenty to do! I would suggest looking for events and things to do on and around the downtown mall area. Pick up a C-ville and the Hook to see what's around that interests you... It is a wonderful place. Good luck to you!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,147 times
Default Sounds like a plan....

Thank you so much, I will definitely start picking up these publications to find things to do in C-ville on the weekends. It'll be a little weird doing things by myself at first, but hopefully Ill began to meet people soon. Thank you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville