Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:14 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,442 times

Advertisements

Any word on when the first Publix will open? I thought July, but I went to the website and they don't have any of the Chatt Publix listed as opening soon yet. It will be nice to have that as a shopping option when we get there. Seems we may have to wait a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 PM

192 posts, read 857,800 times
Default Publix

When we were up there last week I saw the location on #319 and ?? rd ( sorry forgot the cross street already), but no activity at the site, looks as though a few months before shopping can begin,

Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 AM

22 posts, read 86,141 times
Last i checked it wasn't til 2008. Spring or Summer. I did a long search on it before we moved to chatt a few months ago since we came from Atlanta and weren't quite sure what bi-lo/food lion were....Can't remember my source but it seemed accurate, a newspaper or such.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,442 times
Thanks both for your responses. So how do you like the current shopping choices there, luminus? I heard there is a Fresh Market and my husband checked out Greenlife, as well. I tend to shop at Publix, supplementing at Whole Foods....I have gone to Fresh Market a few times for specialty type things when I'm having a party. At Christmas they carry things I haven't seen since I was a kid in Rochester, NY - like ribbon candy.

We'll be up in a month, so regardless, I will adjust. Grocery stores are such a huge part of the adjustment, every time I have moved to a new area!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 PM

22 posts, read 86,141 times
The shopping here isn't terrific but the prices are cheaper for many things. We are vegetarians so the chattanooga market (sunday farmers stand + other local artists) is great for that, as is the village market in collegedale. Bi-lo and food lion are like a small publix, smaller selections but not bad. A lot of people shop at walmart for groceries, from what I hear. I can definitely recommend bi-lo over food lion from what I've seen, in terms of options, size, and how appealing the store is overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga