Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:33 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times

Advertisements

Chat...Chatt...get it? hehehehhe
Hubby and I are thinking about a long weekend or week in the Chatt area this summer with the boys, doing Ruby Falls, Aquarium, hiking and all that fun stuff this summer. We were going to go to DC, but between gas and hotel costs there, well, now we are looking closer to home.
Can anyone suggest a decent (ie CLEAN and safe neighborhood) hotel that is close to those things or at least in reasonable driving distance? We want to keep it to less than $90 a night.
Also, we don't want to plan to be in town when there is some huge event or something that would cause more than usual crowds so please let me know of the dates.
Thanks in adavnce!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 07:14 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,612 times
Default Hello Stranger

MB: Long time no see. Good to hear your visit. RiverBend Music starts this weekend, so that is the big tourist draw. HOMETOWN INN, rt #27 Soddy-Daisy, Sequoia rd exit is the only place in Soddy, small breakfast new 2 story inn. Rt #153 has some good motels near Mall & Hixon Pike, Close to Lowes is a "Extend -A-Stay" , possible kitchens, house hunters have used this as a home base. Believe 7 day stay is as cheap as 4 day rental. ? So can inquire the trade off.
. Our grand- daughter should visit us this summer & also doing the Aquarium, a few of our neighbors work /; volunteer there.
. My have the 3rd boat in the water by then , also 2 kayaks, so if gang wants the woods around me, more than welcome for our Cumberland Trail hiking gorges, etc, private off path stuff. Was checking on my berry stash today.
. PS . Fishing was good tonight, but dont tell anyone. If you can bring a ATV 4- Wheeler ALL the kids will have a blast .!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Well aren't you just the sweetest!
We don't have/do the ATV thing but the boys could pack the poles and we might take you up on that!
We will defiantly at least stop by to say hello while we are in town, I'll bring you a few new fun plants I have found.

Anyone know how to get discounts on any tickets for aquarium or any other fun activity??
You know me, bargain hunter all the way haahahahahaha

Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 AM

849 posts, read 2,955,568 times
I love wild berries! What kind of fish are you catching?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:00 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,612 times
Default Kayak fish

GB: Kayak fish is on the menu for tonight. Had to bring home on the motorcycle, . A 1st for both in my career. Will go back with the skiff boat today. . S.M. Bass were the ticket . Up creek near sand bar / boat have 26inch Gar that swim by. Sort of boney in the pickeral family. Crappy big staple in the river/lake all year.
. This summer may use the swiming hole up along the 100year RailRoad gorge bed Hiking trail, since we got rain.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,171 times
microtel near the aiport has good rates too (so I've heard)

MB-it would be great to see you and the family again...let us know if you like

Old 06-05-2008, 11:44 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
I know that you can get IMAX and aquarium discounts if bought as a package. The zoo is $6 adults and $3 children. They are remodeling so I can check when they will be done. If you guys wanna hang out downtown and do the tourist thing, there are all sorts of FREE things you can do. Start at the ChooChoo and ride the free shuttle all over downtown. Friday nights will get you a free concert, Sundays the market. You can ride the shuttle over the river to Coolidge Park, cool off in the fountain, shop the funky shops, eat some ice cream and watch a free movie provided by First Things First. Maybe catch free fireworks from the baseball field while you are there or if you want to see the game it's $4 admission I promise you won't be disappointed, downtown ROCKS! The shuttle trip with it's cool drivers and odd passengers is fun on it's own lol

Chattanooga Tourism - Chattanooga Vacation Reviews - Chattanooga Vacations - TripAdvisor

First Things First: Movies in the Park (http://firstthings.org/page/newsletter/movies-i-n-the-park - broken link)

CDP :: Enriching our City's Livability

I know it's kinda outta your requested range BUT you can stay in a ChooChoo train car for $179 a night, it sleeps 4. Maybe splurge for one night if you save on the others lol

Old 06-05-2008, 11:46 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
Chattanooga CVB - Coupons

COUPONS

Old 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,906 times
What she said!! Those are exactly the things I would want to do...Oh and you could take a ride on a train through the Tennessee Valley Railroad!

Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum - chattanooga, TN

I don't know the cost, but there are some hotels in the direct vicinity of downtown that would put you closer to the action...

Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 PM

69 posts, read 281,165 times
Thanks for all these links...makes planning our upcoming visit much easier! Has anyone ever attended one of the mystery dinners at th Vaudeville Cafe? One of the coupons was for their show and we've always wanted to do something like that. Sounded like a good way to spend one of our evenings while we're there next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga