Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 AM

69 posts, read 281,007 times

Advertisements

"Chattanooga had a lot more going on than what I expected. I would never move there, but it's not because it's not a nice city. Mainly because of the weather."

Just curious what you meant by that....most people on here seem to love the weather in Chattanooga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 08:14 AM

734 posts, read 2,616,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMar View Post
Jrmontag, I was one of the other 15 people at that Lookouts game last monday. I probably saw you and didn't even know it! Glad you had a good visit, you'll have to come back again and spend more time downtown.
We were on the 1st base line, just beyond the home dugout, 1st row.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird9872 View Post
"Chattanooga had a lot more going on than what I expected. I would never move there, but it's not because it's not a nice city. Mainly because of the weather."

Just curious what you meant by that....most people on here seem to love the weather in Chattanooga.
Yeah but most people don't prefer cool/cold weather either. I do.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:43 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,132,762 times
Smile This exchange turned out so funny. Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
blsdwmn72[/b];4863179] . . . Chattanooga had a lot more going on than what I expected. I would never move there, but it's not because it's not a nice city. Mainly because of the weather.

The bartender at the pizza place wanted me, I know it.

That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
jkmewrigh[/b];4958778]I am not even sure what bougie means but it does sound cute so you must be TOO hot for him and he's intimidated. Typical *sigh* lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
jrmontag[/b];4959194]WHOA......'him' is a her
I don't know if this exchange stuck anyone else as hilarious, but I have really enjoyed myself ROFL!!

Jkmewright, I think you have combined two different posters comments!! bldswmn72 is the female looking for a nice house and jrmontag is the stud who doesn't like the heat, but does appreciate a hot bartender in the pizza place!

Bldswmn, I do hope that you find the house you have in mind. I am sure that it is there and just waiting for you. I assume you are working with a good realtor who understands what you want.

Jrmontag, it is great to hear from folks after a visit to the area. I am glad that you had a nice visit with your friend. What a great surprise! You should visit in seasons other than summer, as well. I lived on Lake Erie in MI for 17 years and our Julys and Augusts were absolutely miserable. The heat and humidity were unbearable.

We have never had a 100° here in the mts of N. GA, not far from Chattanooga, but never missed a summer in MI without many 100°+ without an A/C!!! Summers here are glorious!!

Come back and enjoy the fall and spring. Pssst - Almost no snow in the winter!!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
LOL Gem glad you enjoyed it I still have egg on my face . Originally I thought jrmontag was a fella then something made my change my mind... DUH!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
I don't know if this exchange stuck anyone else as hilarious, but I have really enjoyed myself ROFL!!
More frightening than anything.

Quote:
Jrmontag, it is great to hear from folks after a visit to the area. I am glad that you had a nice visit with your friend. What a great surprise! You should visit in seasons other than summer, as well. I lived on Lake Erie in MI for 17 years and our Julys and Augusts were absolutely miserable. The heat and humidity were unbearable.

We have never had a 100° here in the mts of N. GA, not far from Chattanooga, but never missed a summer in MI without many 100°+ without an A/C!!! Summers here are glorious!!

I am seriously considering Alaska (among other places) to work in once I complete school, if that gives you any idea about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
LOL Gem glad you enjoyed it I still have egg on my face . Originally I thought jrmontag was a fella then something made my change my mind... DUH!
*looks down*

Yep, still a guy.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:07 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
Bachelor Party?
nope! Here's a hint...it starred Michael J Fox

Old 08-27-2008, 06:20 PM

77 posts, read 187,823 times
Default Thanks for clarity

Quote:

Jkmewright, I think you have combined two different posters comments!! bldswmn72 is the female looking for a nice house and jrmontag is the stud who doesn't like the heat, but does appreciate a hot bartender in the pizza place!

Bldswmn, I do hope that you find the house you have in mind. I am sure that it is there and just waiting for you. I assume you are working with a good realtor who understands what you want.

I was trying to figure out what was going on. My family and I love it. We are planning our move for June/July 2009. Our realtor is good and we have made some great relationships with 2 couples already. I told them about this forum and how helpful it's been. We visited the 19th-22nd and it was great. We looked on Hixson and Ooltewah side - still have made up our mind, we like both. Our girls loved seeing places, loved the outdoors - the walk through the water up the river steps, and the aquarium. We'll be back soon.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:51 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,132,762 times
Smile It's nice to hear that you like the area so much.

I don't really know either of those specific areas much, blds, but one of them will eventually call your name, I'm sure. That is how it seems to go for most folks making the big move.

I really hope you find a wonderful house and enjoy the area. Chattanooga has so much to offer young families. The people are wonderful and mother nature spared no expense when painting the lakes, mountains and foliage in this part of the world.

Add in all of the manmade attractions and you have a pretty wonderful place to call home.

Every happiness to you and your family. I hope you get to make another trip to help cement your choice.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:19 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
To quote one of the movies so dear to us who grew up in the 80's, "ok everyone out of bed - the sexual revolution is over."

Care to take a guess?
Bright lights, big city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga