Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times

Advertisements

how did the visit go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,645 times
If you need help with housing, let me know. I am a Chattanooga native and will be happy to help. Funny years ago I wanted to live in Florida due to a love of the ocean! I still love the ocean, but no longer wish to live in Florida! I will remain in Chattanooga and just take a vacation to see the ocean. This city has grown and improved alot through the years. The riverfront area downtown just keeps getting better and with the mountains and lakes close by you have a variety of recreational places to choose from.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 PM

5 posts, read 11,243 times
since you were talking about the downtown area ....do you find it safe? Should I be concerned about walking the bridge, going to the sites downtown with my children?
lesclar

Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 PM

103 posts, read 297,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesclar View Post
since you were talking about the downtown area ....do you find it safe? Should I be concerned about walking the bridge, going to the sites downtown with my children?
lesclar
The downtown area (near the aquarium) is safe (even at night) so you shouldn't worry about that.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:40 PM

12 posts, read 38,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherah View Post
Because it has become impossible for most to OWN a home/land here.It has become a 450k townhome/glorified condo sorta place.It is GREAT here but if you can`t own I am sure other places are great as well.It would just be a different atmosphere ect.I love Fort Lauderdale,Florida.I live 5 minutes fromt he beach and the State is great but everyplace has alot to offer.Just different things.

Alot of the people that came here made awesome businesses and really improved things.They just have more $$$ than us typing on the screen about this.
Florida, anywhere there is a big population center seems to be going the $300k+ condo way. They're even doing it in Ocala (which native Floridians know it as Slow-cala) & it's a never ending trend. Between hurricanes, insurance, and taxes, Florida middle-class families are swimming in DEBT. I say, move all y'all up this way & bring some economic development. We need more entrepreneurs. Start up an Internet business, or do something with tourism or health care. We have lots of room for expansion and a great low homestead rate. Tax though, well it sucks at almost 10% sales tax but that could reverse someday.

Oh yeah, and you'll also find a more friendly atmosphere for families & kids than in MANY parts of Florida. I've lived all around FL; from 20+ years of experience I can tell many a horror story. Tennessee is great; bring all the others with the same positive attitude our way FedUpInFtMyers. We could use that (investment) money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga