Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,581 times

Advertisements

Where can I find rabbit manure in the Chattanooga area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
I know where some good cow dook is but for rabbits maybe you want to try a petting zoo. One I can think of with alot of rabbits is Noah's Ark. Maybe a rabbit breeder?

Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 AM

17 posts, read 53,057 times
just need to ask, why rabbit poo?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
cdbicdb, you asked exactly what I was wondering also. So I searched a little and found that it can be used as fertilizer. It seems that it can be applied directly to the plants without burning them.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 PM

246 posts, read 754,684 times
Well if you have a dump truck, I have several ton of horse manure composting in the pile.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:02 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbicdb View Post
just need to ask, why rabbit poo?
Yeah, I'm still waiting to read that one, too. Other than the fact my dogs eat it thinking it's M&Ms, I'm not aware of any properties Rabbit poop has that cow or horse stuff doesn't - but willing to learn if anyone knows the answer. I know landscapers from Atlanta to Chattanooga and have never heard any of them talk about it or where to get it if you did want it, etc.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Manure from rabbits are ranked as one if not best by some sources:
Rabbit manure fertilizer value ~ Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium (NPK)
http://www.plantea.com/manure.htm

Good stuff!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Manure from rabbits are ranked as one if not best by some sources:
[URL="http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Links/My_Links_Pages/rabbit_manure01.html"]Rabbit manure fertilizer value ~ Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium (NPK)[/URL]
[url=http://www.plantea.com/manure.htm]Manure Matters: How Manures Measure Up[/url]

Good stuff!

Probably the only thing better than a mix of bunny poo and worm castings would be worm castings made from bunny poo.

Start down that road and be prepared for an in depth learning experience of the micro-biology of the soil. It evolves around worm castings, the mycorrhizal fungi in the soil/root system interface. It is actually quite interesting, and is almost indispensable knowledge if you're gonna maximize the yields of your favorite herbage.
Bunny poo is also great because of the bunny's diet of alfalfa. When a bunny digests alfalfa, the resulting poo is high in Triacontanol, a growth stimulator. Enhances cell division, etc.
Vermi-compost (worm poo) and rabbit poo are considered to be one of the best soil amendments, second only to vermi-composted rabbit poo. (Where the worms go to work on the rabbit poo. Worms are an integral part of the microbial system, and actually enhance the NPK of the medium they are composting.
WHEW!! Yeah, just read up on it. I'd bet that landscapers who cater to the really high end clientelle know about this!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga