Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 01:18 PM

98 posts, read 279,082 times

Advertisements

A realtor sent me houses from Hixson I don't know what its like there I have 6 kids,and im looking somewhere safe,and nice to go in the Chattanooga area.I lived on the southside of chicago for most mt life moving down there would be to get away from the bd whats Hixson like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 12:22 AM

246 posts, read 754,729 times
I love the Hixon area. We do a lot of work there. Its very family oriented, nice neighborhoods.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:56 AM

Thank you for the reply a realtor mentioned Hixon we prefer to say away from anything bad as far as areas go.We lived on the southside of Chicago in a part that was god and watched go down.Now were looking somewhere to settle.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:54 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,229 times
We have a 3 1/2 yr old another due in May and we love Hixson. There are some really good elementary schools here, but Hixson Middle and High School not so good. Hixson Middle did just move into a new building, so I am hoping academics will be refreshed too . We'll see. There are other schools available in parts of Hixson though. Were you thinking public school for your kids?

Hixson is close to the action, but definitely suburban. Not too far from anything. We are very happy here.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:44 PM

They would be in Public schools I have from grade 6 to K so that isnt good that the highschool ranks low??Any input on why this is,when will it change?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,229 times
Like I said check what school the houses are zoned for. Some areas of Hixson are zoned for better schools. The kids I work with go to Hixson High and they deal with a lot of social problems daily. I think there are a lot of distractions. I have heard of some people very happy with the education there, but many would say there is a lot of work to be done. I am not sure the site, but it is availalble through Hamilton County Tennessee, Department of Education, where you can check on school performance. Also check greatschools.net. If you are working with a realtor, they should have all of this info. We are very excited about the elementary school our daughter will attend, but if things have not changed, we will be looking for alternatives for middle and high school.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:05 PM

821 posts, read 2,011,289 times
my siter in law lives in Hixson and loves it
my cousin just moved there, he is still finding his way around, he is an outdoors riding his bike type person and said there is lots of places around for that
not heard anything really bad about it

Old 04-14-2009, 05:46 PM

21 posts, read 57,659 times
Default Schools

Hi, I am currently working in the Hamilton County Schools and Hixson is maybe a little below average on the schools in the county. They are can be a little but rougher. I prefer Red Bank Schools to Hixson and they have similar home prices. Other good schools are Signal Mountain, Soddy Daisy, and Lookout Mountain/Lookout Valley (but they are all more expensive). So I would ask your realtor about Red Bank.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,526 times
Hixson is a lovely, very good, safer than most, colorful area. I think you & your family would be quite happy in that place, & extremely content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga