Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 PM

5 posts, read 12,702 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Cleveland in 3 weeks, and would love the information you can't get by looking on the internet. Does anyone know which schools are best or areas are best. I need High School and Elementary information.

How are the people, what about churches? Will is stay small? Anything would be great. I would love just lots of information to help my transition. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 05:01 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,612 times
Wink Warm Summer

M; Hello, we will have warm weather for ya. I dont think Cleveland was ever SMALL. I will call it a medium size city. They have daily newspaper, and right along I-75 expressway.
Big Lee University church school there, many other churches all over S. E. Tn. Roads are always being improved. East side of town more rural with the Ocoee mtn white water gorge, or look on the North side if you want fewer neighbors.
Schools, really need the latest info, REZONING from the local real estate agents. Especially over summer, new school year, new stuff being built, and some re-zone in Chattanooga / Hamilton co has the boundary line going down the Left or Right side of a certain street. Plenty of nice scenery here......[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2007, 02:54 PM

5 posts, read 12,702 times
Default Thanks

Thanks,

I am very excited to move. The picture looks beautiful. Do you live there? Hows the shopping? Anyone know much about Cleveland. I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks for the response.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,117 times
Default relocating

Just wondering if you received useful information about Cleveland. We may be transferring there as well and I have 4 children that will be spread out in 3 different levels of schools. So I was just wondering if you had anything you could pass along. Thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 05:37 AM

2 posts, read 5,774 times
Default pleasantville

...moved here myself 1 year ago. It reminds me of the movie pleasantville. Strong Christian influence everywhere you go. Many good evangelical churches to choose from. Schools are quaint, and the children are very nice and respectful to adults. I havent seen any crime yet either.

I personally like the mild climate and the flowers are incredible. Something is always blooming. Many people plant these flowering pear trees...I have never seen anything like it anywhere else! On the north side of town, they have the Bradley Square Mall with jc penney, sears, kmart and a new 12 screen movie theatre but most people seem to shop at walmart. There is a new target/kohls store comming too. This is basically a college town, geographically large but with a midsize population. The whole area is covered with pine forest. I dont know how they grow anything because the ground is basically rock...go figure. And there are lots of mountains and hills if you like that kind of thing.

So whats not to like? There isnt a straight road in the area. Add in the mountains and pine forest and you never know where your headed! Oh, and I hope you like red brick houses too.

Good Luck
Toon

Old 10-28-2007, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,900 times
Smile Looking to move in Tennessee

Toon,

I've been looking in the Cleveland area (to move) but I don't know much about it. You've been there about a year now, so if you could, send me a line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga