Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times

Advertisements

Yeah Chummy waters started the whole roll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 01:01 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Default Look it up, ain't a knock...

Gritty - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

A place that is "real" and not some Disneyland-ish strip mall can be "nice" and still gritier...

I sorta like the street scene, but there are not a whole lot of rentals in the core of town.

homewood - Google Maps

Why so touchy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Chet, did you seriously just suggest that apartments in downtown Homewood are "gritty"? Have you ever been to Homewood?

The only thing even remotely "gritty" about Homewood is that it's not a pretty little white lily... Fortunately. ;-)

The OP asked for a nice suburb along 1-80 and Homewood is a nice suburb along 1-80. Just because it's even further away from where you live in west suburban whitesville, this doesn't make it any less nice.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:38 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Gritty - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

A place that is "real" and not some Disneyland-ish strip mall can be "nice" and still gritier...

I sorta like the street scene, but there are not a whole lot of rentals in the core of town.

homewood - Google Maps

Why so touchy?
Oh.. Well, then I agree with you then, lol

Old 05-13-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
well, maybe you're more fit to a much smaller metro area like the saint louis area then.

Bock park in lansing, il is south of i-80. Mann park is in the chicago city limits on the far southeast side. According to google maps, do you know what the distance is between these two parks? The park south of i-80 and the park in chicago, illinois? it's a 14 minute drive on burnham avenue and a distance of 6.1 miles. wow... And you think this short distance is enough to turn into "kentecky" in the the third largest metro area in the country? Puhh-leaaze..

bock park to mann park - google maps
nice:d

Old 05-13-2011, 04:31 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Quote:
Well, maybe you're more fit to a much smaller metro area like the Saint Louis area then.

Bock Park in Lansing, IL is south of I-80. Mann Park is in the Chicago city limits on the far southeast side. According to Google Maps, do you know what the distance is between these two parks? The park south of I-80 and the park in Chicago, Illinois? It's a 14 minute drive on Burnham Avenue and a distance of 6.1 miles. WOW... And you think this short distance is enough to turn into "Kentucky" in the third largest metro area in the country? Puhh-Leaaze..

Bock Park to mann park - Google Maps
Very true, the transition into feeling and looking like Kentucky doesn't happen until Mt. Vernon and really takes hold south of Marion; really beautiful part of the state.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Very true, the transition into feeling and looking like Kentucky doesn't happen until Mt. Vernon and really takes hold south of Marion; really beautiful part of the state.
Yes,
They have some beautiful cabin rentals down that way me and my wife
spent a weekend down that way.

Nice get away with plenty of nature things to do
Nice to get away from the riff raff sometimes

Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,920,767 times
Well, anyway, Homewood and Flossmoor are excellent choices.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Well, anyway, Homewood and Flossmoor are excellent choices.
Flossmoor isn't really "along I-80" but very closeby, yeah. Both are great choices. Although you may have a hard time fending rentals in Flossmoor, there are a bunch of really nice apartments and condos in downtown Homewood in close proximity to Walts. The Homewood Cheif of Police lives in one of them.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:29 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,920,767 times
Quote:
Flossmoor isn't really "along I-80" but very closeby, yeah. Both are great choices. Although you may have a hard time fending rentals in Flossmoor, there are a bunch of really nice apartments and condos in downtown Homewood in close proximity to Walts. The Homewood Cheif of Police lives in one of them.
Well, you just made my point.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 AM

Dont forget about Lansing either they have a good base of rentals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs