Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 04:40 PM

36 posts, read 105,848 times

Advertisements

It appears that some/many/most/all realtors serving the Chicago suburbs use a piece of software called "connectMLS" to work with clients on identifying possible homes to buy, discuss features, create "maybe" lists and so on.

The problem is that this "connectMLS" is a user interface nightmare, with a horrible design involving jumps from mode to mode, inconsistent map numbering, recommendation tags that vanish as soon as one person of a couple observes them, head-banging behavior when viewed on a smartphone, little integration with other tools, apps, maps or software, and on and on and on. Instead of helping us find a home, "connectMLS" is making the process even more aggravating and frustrating.

It looks like "connectMLS" is actually provided by MRED (is that right?) the same entity that controls the MLS in this area. But does that mean that all realtors in the Chicago 'burbs have to use it? Or do some realtors use something better? I hope it's the latter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM

22 posts, read 32,796 times
I believe that is the standard software used by pretty much all realtors.

What we did is use Trulia or Redfin (my preference) to do any sort of searching on our own, and then sent the links to our realtor. It worked pretty slick. I agree with you on the interface issues - I have an Android phone and ConnectMLS was useless. The Redfin app is really quite good for Android -- I'd assume iPhone would be similar, if you're of the turtleneck-wearing ilk.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:45 AM

93 posts, read 444,080 times
I'll second the redfin recommendation. My favorite site for real estate related research and time wasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: