Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 08:33 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha cha View Post
hum, crbcrbrgv, i find that interesting. that is your opinion on white bred Naperville. whats the crime rate like? well i've compared it to other cities that aren't so "white bred" such as e. st. louis, and gary indiana. guess what you shlub, Naperville isn't even close in crime. so its wrong to live a safe decent life in a clean city because it's white bred. hah then get out and go live a wonderful life in some other city that more suits you, say detroit. you wouldn't last a minute.
Yes, let's compare Naperville to the worst, most dangerous cities in the country. That sounds fair!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 02:19 AM

264 posts, read 2,143,756 times
Urgent Update:

The Taco Bell on Ogden Ave. Has went downhill. I almost threw up there today after not going for a week. Also the time before that was not the best.

I suggest venturing to North Ave in Glen Ellyn to Taco Bell it is only a 15 minute drive from rt59 & 88.

Do not go to the Ogden Taco Bell at all costs!! There is a Los Burritos further east on Ogden if you would like to go there, it is near Steak-N-Shake near Main St. Downers Grove.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:25 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
Urgent Update:

The Taco Bell on Ogden Ave. Has went downhill. I almost threw up there today after not going for a week. Also the time before that was not the best.

I suggest venturing to North Ave in Glen Ellyn to Taco Bell it is only a 15 minute drive from rt59 & 88.

Do not go to the Ogden Taco Bell at all costs!! There is a Los Burritos further east on Ogden if you would like to go there, it is near Steak-N-Shake near Main St. Downers Grove.
Havent we had this discussion before?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 AM

216 posts, read 627,795 times
I lived in Naperville for 6 years and then moved to Ohio. I have lived in many cities and can tell you that there is a reason Naperville continues to rank as a top place to live by Money Mag...it's a wonderful city! The people are highly educated, friendly, etc. I am guessing that the people that are bashing it either haven't lived there or are just bashers in general. Expensive, yes, but not when you compare it to the North Shore...you get what you pay for. It's a great city.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:27 PM

264 posts, read 2,143,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Havent we had this discussion before?
I was just updating, in case people followed my guide to Taco Bell.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha cha View Post
hum, crbcrbrgv, i find that interesting. that is your opinion on white bred Naperville. whats the crime rate like? well i've compared it to other cities that aren't so "white bred" such as e. st. louis, and gary indiana. guess what you shlub, Naperville isn't even close in crime. so its wrong to live a safe decent life in a clean city because it's white bred. hah then get out and go live a wonderful life in some other city that more suits you, say detroit. you wouldn't last a minute.
Or a better question might be, is it wrong for me to rip Naperville? After all, I lived there for years and even graduated from the high school. And how can you compare Naperville to Gary? And although I never moved to Detroit, I did live in Humboldt Park for 4 years after I graduated college and guess what? I'm still here.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:02 PM

18 posts, read 66,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I would check out Plainfield. Plainfield borders Naperville to the South and is a fast growing community with a cute downtown and decent schools. (Schools aren't as good as Naperville, but decent.) Plainfield is one of the fastest growing burbs in the country, there is new construction everywhere, and you will get a lot more house for your $$$ in Plainfield.
America's Fastest-Growing Suburbs - Forbes.com
I agree w/per above (move on the North of Plainfield) which will be right next door to Naperville. Look for a home before Rt. 127th than going more South of Plainfield (by Rt. 59/Caton Farm Rds).

We live on the South of Plainfield and not really happy w/it because there is no real connecting routes/road. This propety of Plainfield was all farm and very few country roads when developer moved "in" to build their homes. And having to say we need more road connecting (and can't see how we would do that on the South side). Most of the country roads are dangerous w/weather condition.

Also, I do agree that Naperville is overcrowding and never ending to find a parking lot if you wish to go to all of their events. If you are going to be taking the train to Chicago from Naperville. You would either need to hop on a bus or pick/drop off at their train station.

It is the same reason for Rt. 59 train station which has a full parking lot if you missed the parking no later than 7:30 AM. Otherwise youll be in for a long walk to catch the train. I work downtown for 15 years and finally I am a stay-at-home. It took the burden off on me with "rushing" all the time.

You may catch your eye on Oswego, urban upper class families where most South of Plainfield are more blue collar/low-middle class families. No offense!
They are into a growing community too. If you can find a house near Rt. 34 (Odgen) you'll be closer to Rt. 59 train station and closer to all of the shopping/including Naperville area.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City John View Post
Homer Glen is an up and coming area--especially with I 355 extension finished.
I have pass a few times and it does catch my eye. Are there any new homes being developed? We currently live in South of Plainfield. I would love to hear more about Homer Glen.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
LOL

How did this go from Naperville questions to Taco Bell ratings?
Oh gosh, you made me laughed so hard! I was so confused until I had to go next page to read more thread until we start talking about Naperville and not about Taco Bell.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyirishtwins View Post
Oh gosh, you made me laughed so hard! I was so confused until I had to go next page to read more thread until we start talking about Naperville and not about Taco Bell.
Yeah, Dariusz likes to pop on here from time to time and rate the local Taco Bells. LMBO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs