Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 03:24 PM

320 posts, read 717,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNick View Post
The south suburbs aren't bad because they're black. They're bad AND black. Have you checked the test scores and school report cards for any of the south suburban high schools? A school with an average ACT score of 15 is NOT good at all. I still don't understand why you people act like its some utopia in the southern suburbs. You all need to have higher standards and expectations.
Why do "you people" act like you are in an utopia? You people move as far away from "urban", "inner-city", "ghetto" a.k.a Black folks to find your so-called utopia is constantly infiltrated by Black folks who happen to have similar expectation and standards. When we try to actually move into you're "excellent" school districts, utilize your "superior" park districts and state of the are libraries, and shop at your fascinating retail districts you all start to complain and eventually build another so-called utopia.

How can you find an utopia if you constantly running from the inevitable?...Black folks with cash and good sense!!! You can't! My question to yo is how you can tell us to have higher standards and expectations, but we can't have it around you all? I'm all for black folks having their own standards and expectations and not have to deal with people like you period. However, until that day comes, expect to see me shopping at your malls. And if I like what I see, then I might move in. and once you see me, you will probably move as fast and as far as you can and hope to never see me again. But unbeknownst to you, WE AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE!!!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
LOL@Orland Square declining

Still busy as ever, probably more so now that it has gain a larger pool of ethnic diversity. Although there are people who shop there from all over the south suburbs(even Harvey folks), it is still a bit far removed from the blight east of I-57. I live in Harvey and I have to drive across Markham, Oak Forest, Tinely Park, and the majority of Orland on 159th to get there. For a comparison, the distance is like going from Englewood to Lakeview.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:15 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
LOL@Orland Square declining

Still busy as ever, probably more so now that it has gain a larger pool of ethnic diversity. Although there are people who shop there from all over the south suburbs(even Harvey folks), it is still a bit far removed from the blight east of I-57. I live in Harvey and I have to drive across Markham, Oak Forest, Tinely Park, and the majority of Orland on 159th to get there. For a comparison, the distance is like going from Englewood to Lakeview.
Welcome back... Hope to see more postings from you.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:05 PM

321 posts, read 860,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
Why do "you people" act like you are in an utopia? You people move as far away from "urban", "inner-city", "ghetto" a.k.a Black folks to find your so-called utopia is constantly infiltrated by Black folks who happen to have similar expectation and standards. When we try to actually move into you're "excellent" school districts, utilize your "superior" park districts and state of the are libraries, and shop at your fascinating retail districts you all start to complain and eventually build another so-called utopia.

How can you find an utopia if you constantly running from the inevitable?...Black folks with cash and good sense!!! You can't! My question to yo is how you can tell us to have higher standards and expectations, but we can't have it around you all? I'm all for black folks having their own standards and expectations and not have to deal with people like you period. However, until that day comes, expect to see me shopping at your malls. And if I like what I see, then I might move in. and once you see me, you will probably move as fast and as far as you can and hope to never see me again. But unbeknownst to you, WE AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE!!!.
This post carries indications of the mindset that people of a given demographic have to team up together with each other to better themselves as a demographic. I've seen this many times, most notably from one particular demographic that I'd probably be called racist for mentioning in this politically correct country. I don't understand why so many people think this is the best path forward, when pretty much everyone these days supports integration and understands that integration is best for everybody. Teaming up with people of the same demographic is not integration. Integration involves teaming up with and accepting people of all demographics, not just your own. I'm all for integration; you all need to overcome the "us vs. them" mindset to make it happen.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 AM

82 posts, read 255,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNick View Post
Back in the 70's and 80's CCH was a very nice community with good schools and respectable families. Hillcrest High School is full of gang punks from the southside who could care less about their education and fate of the community. Today on the news I heard a home was broken into and two females were held hostage at gunpoint. SWAT teams had to be brought in! Then let's not forget the double murders that took place in this town a few years back. It's only a matter of time before the riff raft cross I-57. Orland Square is beginning to look more and more like River Oaks each day. I advise the decent people in Tinley Park should get out while the getting is good.
Country Club Hills and Hazel Crest aren't in shambles. In fact, they are steady. They aren't worse or better off. I think the issue becomes with "white flight," all of the white suburbanites that resided in Hazel Crest, Country Club Hills, Homewood, Flossmoor and so on - have all fled to Frankfort, Tinley Park and Orland Park.

I haven't seen a drastic decline outside of the influx of black people. People still take care of their homes, lawns, and children are still attended schools in rather decent neighborhoods.

T

Old 01-30-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Chicago is to blame for the precense of CC Hills thugs? Really? You don't think they may have came from Harvey, Riverdale, Ford Heights or were even born and raised right there in CC Hills?

For someone who trashes the south suburbs as crime-infested cesspools, it's interesting how little credit you give the south suburbs for BREEDING thugs.. I guess you can raise kids in CC Hills and they won't ever turn into thugs. Just don't raise them in Chicago.
??? I don't know of any "Thugs," that are being raised in Country Club Hills or Hazel Crest. In fact, I know several kids right now who attend Hillcrest high school and two that attend Marian. The children who attend Hillcrest oldest three sisters all graduated from Hillcrest. The first two went to Northwestern University and the middle went to Mizzou on full scholarship major Biology. If thats the hood. Then wow!

It should be stated that IN GENERAL black children do not test well on standardize test. They aren't being trained like the students in New Trier to take test. The fact I can point at a Hillcrest Highschool and point at majority of the students going to state colleges and numerous of them going to private elite institutions like Stanford, Howard and so on speaks volumes.

In fact, there are numerous of young black men and women who go on to attend SIU, SIUE, ISU, Northwestern, University of Chicago, and the prestigious organizations like Jack and Jill and 100 Black Men of Chicago members live in these same communities. Hazel Crest, Country Club Hills, Homewood, Flossmoor and Matteson are where the solid black families who built the middle class in the inner city of Chicago fled too when the city was ridden with drugs and dangers.

The issue becomes the lack of respect towards blacks and black culture. Young black teens are no different than white teens. Only differences and lets start with the music; Van Halen over Jay-Z. Same thing tho...

The bad black communities are ford heights, chicago heights, harvey, and so on.

Last edited by whitecollarboy; 01-30-2015 at 09:13 AM..

Old 01-30-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
CC Hills too far gone? I can see Harvey or Ford Heights, but CCH and HC just in the right position to improve. Believe me thugs in CCH and HC are not nearly as rough as the ones in Chicago, Harvey or Riverdale. I hate to call people racist on City Data, but I can tell that your comments are coming from a bad place. Your comments are based more on feelings and biases than facts. If you don't have anything good or at least factual then STAY OFF OF THIS FORUM!!! You are not helping the problem at all.
I agree. You can raise respectable children who will thrive and go on to do great things in Hazel Crest and Country Club Hills.

I believe the issue is that these white privilege people have no insight on what bad is.

Last edited by whitecollarboy; 01-30-2015 at 09:15 AM..

Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 PM

27 posts, read 146,109 times
The decline of Country Club Hills started back in the early to mid-90’s and accelerated during the late 90’s and early 2000’s. While it’s no Harvey per say, it’s a far cry from what it was 20 years ago. My family moved from that area around 96-97 time frame and during a recent visit while in town, I could clearly see the decline. The same could be said for HC, Matteson, Richton Park and South Holland isn’t that far off. Majority of the south suburbs isn’t what it used to be.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:03 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
No...

Old 01-30-2015, 10:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
I graduated from Hillcrest and was raised in Hazel Crest. It has always been a diverse area but it was middle class. Now a huge percentage are on welfare and are illegitimate children. There lies the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs