Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 05:37 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,074,173 times

Advertisements

Cops: Country Club Hills couple slain - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/elderly-couple-found-dead-in-southwest-suburb.html - broken link)

Is this place a complete ****l-hole or overall ok/decent? I hear conflicting reports from friends, have never been myself.

Last edited by linicx; 10-20-2009 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM

274 posts, read 708,942 times
CCH is decent. I wouldn't mind living there. New homes, new big box stores, ect.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,035 times
So sad. The neighborhood is directly across from Hillcrest High School and between Homewood on the east and Tinley Park on the west, about 1.5 miles or so to either adjoining suburb.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:49 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,600,467 times
Even when I used to go around there often (ten years ago) I did not have any desire to ever live there. In is not getting better-I will put it that way.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:18 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,884 times
but the name of the town is so high-class!!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM

162 posts, read 803,291 times
It is not a nice place. But if you are black and make a decent living and do not mind schools that suck it is OK, I guess.

I mean, it's not Harvey or Cal City but not somewhere you want to raise kids if you want them to go to decent schools.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:30 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
Country Club Hills is alright. Its no Harvey, Cal City, or Chicago Heights thats for sure. Least they have a Walmart and a Theater. The town have some large nice homes too.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,035 times
As I read through most of the threads about the south suburbs so much is negative. There is a tendency to forget that when the CHA closed down housing sites, families were displaced. There isn't much Section 8 housing in Hinsdale (sarcasm), so they relocated to affordable suburbs like Calumet City, Riverdale, Dolton, South Holland, Country Club Hills and others.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,600,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
As I read through most of the threads about the south suburbs so much is negative. There is a tendency to forget that when the CHA closed down housing sites, families were displaced. There isn't much Section 8 housing in Hinsdale (sarcasm), so they relocated to affordable suburbs like Calumet City, Riverdale, Dolton, South Holland, Country Club Hills and others.
Well the cause does not negate what the effect is. I feel for you though.
Even after people know this fact it will still not change what those burbs have become. I wish it did not happen to those formerly very decent burbs,but there is nothing any of us can do about it.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,737 times
i've tried to tell certain folk on this site before that country club hills is bad news and has changed. all the south burbs, in cook county, are pretty much horrible. the only borderline one left is Matteson, and yes that town is currently changing as we speak because the people who flee places like Dolton, The Heights, etc. move to Matteson. So, it might be OK now but will soon be bad just like country club hills. these aren't the first murders in country club hills. i remember the story of a young black teen coming home to his house at about 4am. he was shot on his porch, by some thugs doing a drive by, only to end up dying in his front enterance in his Father's arms. Screw that town and nearly all cook county southern burbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
thus, why there is so much negativity. Section 8 residents aren't exactly contributors to society. in fact, they are the exact opposite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs